489 Visa to Permanent Residency

GMacp

I have now completed my 2 years on State Sponsored 489 Visa (Visa is 4 yrs long) in SA and happy to stay here.

I'd like to apply for PR and from the homeaffairs.gov.au website I know it will cost $385 for me and $195 for spouse.

Now, the only route I can see after this is via 887 PR visa, and it seems to cost $3755 for me and $1875 for spouse.

Is this right?  We already spent quite a bit getting the 489, doesn't seem right to now spend another $6310 for PR.

Any advice greatly received.

Hi
Can I ask which agent your using as I think your being conned

Are you able to use the same agent for your original 489 visa

We are also coming up to the same thing in January & have been quoted agent fees of $1600 total for me, partner & one child

We are using our original agent

PM if you like

I  contacted my agent after my initial findings, and his quote is $1900+GST, and he says visa is $580.  There is not a lot to do for this visa (prove work/live etc)

I feel 1900 is excessive for a visa costing $580, I am happy to do it myself if I could locate the correct link, so it is the link to the correct visa, as I don't think the 887 one is correct, but I cannot find anything else.

55 minutes ago, GMacp said:

I  contacted my agent after my initial findings, and his quote is $1900+GST, and he says visa is $580.  There is not a lot to do for this visa (prove work/live etc)

I feel 1900 is excessive for a visa costing $580, I am happy to do it myself if I could locate the correct link, so it is the link to the correct visa, as I don't think the 887 one is correct, but I cannot find anything else.

you can check the visa fees here

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees

and the requirements for the 887 and how to meet them here

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-

If you don't thnk its the right visa you need to read the website thoroughly to see what IS the right one.

Edited by Nemesis

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

We ve been moved to adelaide by 489 2 months ago and my wife got pregnent. So I have decided to send her to my home country. So when I apply to 887 is there any condition she also must be fulfill residency requirement. Pls help me we are struggling

George86,

As it will be two years before you can apply for a PR visa, the likelihood is that changes will have been made to the application rules and processes.

I am the 489 visa holder, and my husband as my spouse and on the visa can work anywhere, he is also part of my application for 887. We have no children. I expect as long as you have a marriage certificate and birth certificate, you won't have any problems applying for the 887.

If I was you, I would be looking into how you get your child back into Australia as they are born oversees. They will not be part of your 489, so I don't know how that works.

On 23/11/2018 at 10:16, George86 said:

Hello

We ve been moved to adelaide by 489 2 months ago and my wife got pregnent. So I have decided to send her to my home country. So when I apply to 887 is there any condition she also must be fulfill residency requirement. Pls help me we are struggling

•  

I would be careful. If you have a child born overseas, you have to apply for a child visa and it can take up to 18 months to get the child living in australia with you.

As you are a temporary resident and resident for tax purposes only, if the child is born on australian soil that child will automatically be put on the same visa as you.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/italian/en/article/2018/08/01/if-your-children-are-born-overseas-they-do-not-acquire-your-pr