Permanent residency pathway for 405 and 410 (retiree) visa holders - Regulations published

Alan Collett

4 minutes ago, ramot said:

Thanks Alan as we ‘celebrate!!!?’ 2 years since a single 864 visa was issued, . Angry won’t describe how we will feel if we find the now eligible 410 visa applicants get processed before us, perhaps  we should reapply? 

I think the Regulations only allow for applications to be made under subclasses 103 and 143 - and with Visa Application Charges apparently no different I wonder how many 405s and 410s will in fact take up the "offer" of permanent residency ...

Best regards.

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

I think the Regulations only allow for applications to be made under subclasses 103 and 143 - and with Visa Application Charges apparently no different I wonder how many 405s and 410s will in fact take up the "offer" of permanent residency ...

Best regards.

Thank you for replying Alan and keeping us informed. if any 405/410 visa holders apply do they join the queue from their start date as I thought there was some talk they would be fast tracked?  We might as well stay in the queue

Out of interest we met up for our regular meet up with other local 410 holders on Thursday, only 5 couples meet now as we are greatly reduced in numbers as many have given up and returned to UK, No one apart from us is interested, as they are established here all aged in mid 70’s +, will hold onto their money. 

All felt it was more likely that 405 holders would be interested. The only person I have spoken to on the 405 said not interested either. So as you say the take up will be interesting.

Another 405 holder here not interested, actively looking at the pros and cons of returning to the chaos of the UK. Health costs here being one of the main reasons, an increase of 80% in premium from one year to the next is a back door way of reducing our numbers.

We had already applied for the parent visa, as 2 of our children followed us and are settled here.

As you say Sprinter it’s the cost of health insurance that is sending many home. We pay over twice as much for the same cover as residents. It was part of our decision to apply for PR as on current costs ( as it goes up at least 10% every year plus the enormous increase of 42% recently) the cost of one of our visas should balance out over 10 years?

We still have to consider the tax implications, but really don’t want to go back to the UK as we have been away over 25years.

I have had quite a few health problems and have made a point of asking what would be covered on Medicare. There was more free than I had realised. 

I think not only is it the premiums charged, we could have had lower cover, but at our age you never know what might happen, it is the fact that you also end up paying a percentage of costs involved as well, such as around half the GP visit fees and quite a large percentage of hospital visit fees, so added to the annual premium it can add up to quite a sum. We are also very limited on the number of health providers that will cover us so not much competition for our business.

• 2 weeks later...

We received a letter from the immigration minister today informing us as 410 visa holders about the new pathway to PR.

Quite pleasantly surprised at the efficiency. Wonder how many 410/405’s are still here and how many are interested. Apart from us who have already applied for the 864 no one else we know is interested.

Trying to decide do we reapply or not? Not asking for an answer just weighing up the options. Not sure we would loose anything by reapplying. Won’t have the $14000 cost so balances that cost by new application or the wait for AOS. 

Any thoughts of any others on PIO in our position? 

On 09/11/2018 at 09:58, ramot said:

Any thoughts of any others on PIO in our position? 

My thoughts, for what they are worth, would be to re-apply. The 864 stream isn't moving and if there is only small number of 410/405 applications, I would expect this to be the fastest option.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

My thoughts, for what they are worth, would be to re-apply. The 864 stream isn't moving and if there is only small number of 410/405 applications, I would expect this to be the fastest option.

Thank you for your thoughts. That’s what we have decided to do. Even if it’s not quicker we won’t be any worse off. Better in fact as we won’t need a sponsor or have the hassle of AOS.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2018 at 13:47, Alan Collett said:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/News/Pages/the-pathway.aspx

Detailed information about the pathway to permanent residency for 405s and 410s.

Best regards.

Alan the link isn’t working? Are they updating the application forms to include/separate the pathway to 143/103 visas for the 410/405 applicants.

Thank you your help is always appreciated.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/archive/article?itemId=26

Yes, the Department of Home Affairs in its wisdom decides to roll out a new web site and to not put in place auto forwarders - such a blatant disregard for its stakeholders is hard to understand.

The new link is above.

There is a new form 47PA now available to accommodate the parent visa pathway for 410 and 405 visa holders wanting to obtain permanent residency status.

Applications under the new pathway are possible from this weekend.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-media/archive/article?itemId=26

Yes, the Department of Home Affairs in its wisdom decides to roll out a new web site and to not put in place auto forwarders - such a blatant disregard for its stakeholders is hard to understand.

The new link is above.

There is a new form 47PA now available to accommodate the parent visa pathway for 410 and 405 visa holders wanting to obtain permanent residency status.

Applications under the new pathway are possible from this weekend.

Best regards.

I am finding the attachments required for the 47PA form a little overwhelming.  They ask for proof of children's home address and mention passport  The UK passports do not have addresses shown   I thought of driving licence as the address and date of birth is shown  However as 2 of my children have married they no longer have my name so what use would their proof of residence be?   If I used their driving licence copies  would a note on each advising of the date of their marriage and change of name be considered appropriate?   Onbe does not know whether they would 'hate' addendum notes  even if they were helpful    Should I get them to send me a copy of their marriage certificates?

2 minutes ago, muffin72 said:

I am finding the attachments required for the 47PA form a little overwhelming.  They ask for proof of children's home address and mention passport  The UK passports do not have addresses shown   I thought of driving licence as the address and date of birth is shown  However as 2 of my children have married they no longer have my name so what use would their proof of residence be?   If I used their driving licence copies  would a note on each advising of the date of their marriage and change of name be considered appropriate?   Onbe does not know whether they would 'hate' addendum notes  even if they were helpful    Should I get them to send me a copy of their marriage certificates?

I think the documents requested in the new form 47PA do not reflect the fact that 410/405 visa holders are not required to have children living in Australia.

Best regards.

On 15/11/2018 at 10:56, Alan Collett said:

I think the documents requested in the new form 47PA do not reflect the fact that 410/405 visa holders are not required to have children living in Australia.

Best regards.

47PA (design date 11/18).

We have finally found the correct updated application form. Separate section for retirees to apply. Took hours.

They still want children’s/parents details but doesn’t affect your eligibility.

previous form that we found was dated 2013 which didn’t apply to us

This enables 405/410 retirement visa holders to apply correctly.

Hope that helps.

My parents have been here for 14+ years on the 410 Retirement visa. My father (main applicant for the 410) is keen to go down the Permanent Residency Pathway but my mother doesn't want to spend the $49k. Questions:-

1) They are not forced to apply for permanent residency are they?

2) If they don't, can they continue to apply to renew their 410 visas like they have done previously?

3) If my father applied for the Permanent Residency Pathway, can my mother (his spouse so not original 410 applicant) continue to renew her 410 visa?

Any answers gratefully received!

Sally

1 minute ago, jimmyl said:

Anyone started on this yet?

I called a few agents, but no one seems to have any concrete information on how speedy this would be.

and the cost, $47,455... sigh...

Have we spoken yet, Jimmy?   😀

Expectations are for 143 visas to be available to 410 visa holders during the current program year.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1