Woodwork tools

mrsr1976

Hi can we take a circular saw and jigsaw in the shopping container? They have little bits of sawdust in. Them and so would be a challenge to get sparkly clean!

Also how about weights equipment? Some of the weights have little bit of rust, would this need to be scrubbed off?

I brought all my woodworking tools, power tools etc. all I did was blow all the sawdust off with an air line and got them as clean as possible, wire brushed any rust to look as though I had cleaned them. A lot of mine were very old tools so they did not look sparkly clean but clean. Whether customs checked them I do not know as they only check a percentage of boxes.

• Like 1

realistically if they don't check you needn't do anything.

Most containers aren't checked, more likely to be checked if you declare something interesting like "hunting trophies" "elephant tusks" "sawn off"

But if you don't declare or clean and get checked you face the consequences

roll le dice.....

They check more than you think. Some of our boxes were opened at random and we shipped a sole use container with a well known company. 

Rust is ok as long as not very flaky and potentially harbouring insects or dirt. I would try to clean them as much as possible and remove Ny obvious sawdust. 

On 08/10/2018 at 03:51, mrsr1976 said:

Hi can we take a circular saw and jigsaw in the shopping container? They have little bits of sawdust in. Them and so would be a challenge to get sparkly clean!

Also how about weights equipment? Some of the weights have little bit of rust, would this need to be scrubbed off?

Just get them as clean as you can. As someone mentioned give them a good dose of an airline and wipe down what external bits you can. 

Cal x