Waiting for citizenship certificate

rammygirl

Anyone else waiting?  Had our ceremony last week but no certificates were available as new minister had not been sworn in.  He needs to provide signature.  Trouble is we have an overseas trip planned and can’t get passports without them. 

Will be contacting our local representative soon but interested to know if anyone has any news.

3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Anyone else waiting?  Had our ceremony last week but no certificates were available as new minister had not been sworn in.  He needs to provide signature.  Trouble is we have an overseas trip planned and can’t get passports without them. 

Will be contacting our local representative soon but interested to know if anyone has any news.

Have you spoken to the Passport Office itself?I know mine was a few years back but we had a similar issue, change of Minister and no-one to sign. The advice at the time was that we should actually ring the passport office if we were in a hurry as they can see you are a citizen, its just you don't have the piece of paper. They will also be aware of the problem with issuing certificates.

Edited by Nemesis

Not yet. Passport office said that certificates are going to be issued with Dutton signature in the interim and they must have the certificate as evidence to issue a passport. . Annoying as the council were ordered to return those certificates and told they couldn’t issue them. I am waiting on a reply from immigration to the question of when they will be sent out.

What is that number?

@rammygirl, i just rang my council and the event officer confirmed she already received citizenship certificate with David Coleman's signature for ceremony on 17 September 2018, so, your citizenship certificate should be ready and on the way to you.

13 hours ago, whtzau said:

you may contact Adelaide.Citizenship@homeaffairs.gov.au or by phone 131 880.

2 hours ago, whtzau said:

@rammygirl, i just rang my council and the event officer confirmed she already received citizenship certificate with David Coleman's signature for ceremony on 17 September 2018, so, your citizenship certificate should be ready and on the way to you.

Called the citizenship office first thing. They confirmed that a letter (presumably my certificate) had been sent out and that my husband’s was about to be sent out. 

Hopefully they should arrive soon. 

Our citizenship certificates arrived express post today. After all that they had Dutton’s signature on. I guess on 28th August new guy hadn’t been sworn in so he was technically still in charge. They could have given them us on the night!

Anyway passport applications now lodged and hopefully passports will be with us soon. 

• Like 2

Peter Dutton was not the minister from 21 - 26 August - he had resigned and the office was held by Scott Morrison. Mr Dutton was reappointed on 27 August.

It is a source of great shame that my Australian citizenship certificate is signed by Peter Dutton. I am worth 1000 Peter Duttons.