Visa

Sharon

49 minutes ago, Sharon said:

Thank you x wouldn’t I have to wait to marry for that x I was advised I could travel there marry then lodge my partner visa onshore ? 

If you do, be careful what you say on the form when you arrive.

When you get a tourist visa, you make a legal statement that says you are travelling to Australia for a holiday, and that you will leave the country when the visa expires.

If you arrive in Australia with no return ticket and say, "I'm here to get married and stay forever", you might find yourself on the next plane home for intending to breach the conditions of your visa.

It's not illegal to apply for a partner visa once you're in the country, but you shouldn't arrive in the country with the intent to overstay the visa you've entered on.

• Like 2

No I want to do it the correct way I just don’t know how to go about it ..... and being naive we have planned the wedding date .... nothing that can’t be undone but it just postpones things .... can I put in prospective marriage visa and travel on it whilst waiting ? Help .... we have already been apart for over a year and it’s so hard ??? xx 

21 hours ago, Sharon said:

No I want to do it the correct way I just don’t know how to go about it ..... and being naive we have planned the wedding date .... nothing that can’t be undone but it just postpones things .... can I put in prospective marriage visa and travel on it whilst waiting ? Help .... we have already been apart for over a year and it’s so hard ??? xx 

Prospective marriage visa is the right way. If you do come over on a tourist visa, then make sure you have a return ticket otherwise Immigration may not believe your story should you get stopped, and if they discover otherwise, then it's a 3 year ban with no guarantee of a visa after that ban period.  If you travel on a tourist visa, and then apply onshore for the 820 partner visa, just be careful on arrival. 

Edited by Beffers

21 hours ago, Sharon said:

I think I may need to postpone the wedding date and put in for a pmv ? But can I then travel over or would I need to wait until this was granted ? In other words can you travel on a tourist visa whilst waiting for the pmv ? Or is it better to wait until it’s granted ? Don’t think I’ll be marrying on feb 23rd 2019 somehow ?? xxxxx 

14 minutes ago, Sharon said:

I think I may need to postpone the wedding date and put in for a pmv ? But can I then travel over or would I need to wait until this was granted ? In other words can you travel on a tourist visa whilst waiting for the pmv ? Or is it better to wait until it’s granted ? Don’t think I’ll be marrying on feb 23rd 2019 somehow ?? xxxxx 

Hi.... I don't know much about the visa process but I would assume if you put in for the PMV Visa you would still be able to go over on a tourist visa as long as you have a return ticket... I maybe wrong but hopefully someone on here with more knowledge can advise.......

I know its sad about the marriage date but do this right and you'll have the rest of your lives together, not worth risking a 3 year ban...... Good Luck with it all.....