visa refusal

siij

I got my visa refusal few days back... the reason for refusal is that the case officer is not satisfied with employment experience I provided.  I am wondering although assessing authority approved my work experience and give me 7.5 yrs equivalent work exp, they did not consider it then whats the point of assessment? Is there any way to appeal for this?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, siij said:

I got my visa refusal few days back... the reason for refusal is that the case officer is not satisfied with employment experience I provided.  I am wondering although assessing authority approved my work experience and give me 7.5 yrs equivalent work exp, they did not consider it then whats the point of assessment? Is there any way to appeal for this?

Hwat visa and are you onshore or offshore? There may be no right of appeal but it depends on your situation.

14 hours ago, siij said:

The work experience opinions of assessing authorities are advisory only. DoHA delegates are not obliged to accept the opinions of assessing authorities.

15 minutes ago, wrussell said:

The work experience opinions of assessing authorities are advisory only. DoHA delegates are not obliged to accept the opinions of assessing authorities.

Hi wrussell,

In your experience, how often would you say the DoHA go against the opinion of an assessing authority? 

Edited by Jonno1981

5 minutes ago, Mohammed786 said:

What is exactly mentioned in your visa refusal form? What occupation have you applied for and which assessing authority did you approach for assessing your experience? Was any employment verification done ?

I am from Nepal working as an architect from 2008 to 2010 in architectural consultancy after that I join one of the top multinational company  on July 2010 and working there till now. Our regular working hour is 45 hours per week. I have applied as an architectural draft person and both qualifications and work experience is assessed through vetassess. On 2017 October I have submitted my documents for vetassess. I got my assessment successful notification on first week of March on which they approved of 7.5 years of work experience. I have submitted my EOI for skilled visa 489 for Queensland on August 3. And got an invitation from them after 10 days and submitted my documents after few days. On October first week I got an invitation to apply for visa and I  submitted all documents on 11th October 2017. Now few days back I got a refusal letter from case  officer said that not I am not working in or closely related field and also doubt of working hours. 

Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  The Department of Home Affairs and ABF respect your privacy and have obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.  

This is written in my mail... what exactly does this means?

Well i would suggest you to check with a MARA registered agent in your scenario. BTW, did vetassess directly provide you positive assessment or it was reviewed and then given? What about the evidence which you have provided to both vetassess and while lodging your visa. What all did you include for claiming the 7.5 yrs of experience?

Thank you for the information! I applied as construction manager but was not succeeded so I hire agent for guidance. He suggested me to do assessment as architectural draft person. I was successful... i submitted almost same document for vetassess and visa center except updated work experience. 

This is interesting. Does this work in relation to the non AQF accredited industry recognised awards/verifications not acknowledged by the assessing authority?

So you applied for assessing as a  construction manager initially with vetassess and it was rejected. Then, you applied as architectural draft person by providing the same documents? What is your designation mentioned in your reference letter? Did vetassess called you or your company at the time of assessment? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 48niner
On 07/08/2018 at 11:28, siij said:

I was hired as assistant manager then promoted as deputy manager and right now working as manager in construction department.

Then your job description must be totally different from a architectural draft person if you are working as AM, DM and Manager eventually. According to https://www.anzscosearch.com/312111 job descriptions are below. Did you perform those, if not, then your experience was totally in a wrong job code.

• Assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
  • Interpreting plans, regulations and codes of practice
  • Preparing preliminary sketches, working drawings and specifications
  • Preparing, editing and revising plans, maps, charts and drawings
  • Coordinating works programs
  • Inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
  • Calculating costs and estimating time scales
  • Collecting data using surveying instruments and photogrammetric equipment
  • Performing routine computations and plotting preliminary data

54 minutes ago, 48niner said:

Then your job description must be totally different from a architectural draft person if you are working as AM, DM and Manager eventually. According to https://www.anzscosearch.com/312111 job descriptions are below. Did you perform those, if not, then your experience was totally in a wrong job code.

• Assisting Construction Managers, Architects and Surveyors in planning and organisation
  • Inspecting work and materials for compliance with specifications, regulations and standards
    55 minutes ago, 48niner said:

I am an architect... Those are designated post by company. We cannot assessed as an architect in Australia so most relevantand closest one  for me was architectural draft person. And I also go through these job description which is very similar to mine.

•  

Guest 48niner
On 16/08/2018 at 17:17, siij said:

Whats was the job position  in your employment reference? was it as Architect or as architectural draftsman?

Edited by 48niner