High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

no worries, helps keep me sane, chatting to all you guys in the same boat.

We were just talking about a holiday too, but reckon if we were to go long haul we'd prob go to the states as it would be an unlikely holiday from oz! We'll see, cant believe we have to do another british winter! gutted!

8 minutes ago, Jellica said:

no worries, helps keep me sane, chatting to all you guys in the same boat.

We were just talking about a holiday too, but reckon if we were to go long haul we'd prob go to the states as it would be an unlikely holiday from oz! We'll see, cant believe we have to do another british winter! gutted!

The USA has never been a dream country to me. Although there are some really cheap flights from Manchester to Houston at the moment. £250 return with Singapore Airlines. They could tempt me to have a look around!

10 minutes ago, Jonno1981 said:

My occupation was one that turned red quickly (the day after I applied!!!). I believe SA simply shut the gate once the quota has been filled and if all those applicants meet the criteria they get sponsored. 

I was originally assed as a Computer Network and Systems Engineer and that went red the first day. I then changed to Network Administrator and applied - it is still green. It was green before the big reset in July - if I have a crystal ball I could have been assed for that in the first place. It is less popular as SA is the only state to offer that occupation and you can't get that on a 189.

Hi everyone,

Please help me.I have applied for SA nomination  as a registered nurse on 24of july with 60plus 5 points.Now ,I want to claim my partner's points but as per information on SA site to do so I have to lodge a new application.Please let me know if I lodge a new application my previous duration would be considered or application would be considered from new lodgement date?Should I lodge a new one or wait for previous one?

Your response would be highly appreciated

Gurinder

3 hours ago, gurinder kaur said:

Hi everyone,

Please help me.I have applied for SA nomination  as a registered nurse on 24of july with 60plus 5 points.Now ,I want to claim my partner's points but as per information on SA site to do so I have to lodge a new application.Please let me know if I lodge a new application my previous duration would be considered or application would be considered from new lodgement date?Should I lodge a new one or wait for previous one?

Your response would be highly appreciated

Gurinder

I am sorry to say you would have to start again.

I have also applied to South Australia State sponsorship. I applied under Nec Nurse on Sep 9th,  65+5 points. I am hoping for a 190 visa but will have to wait and see. 15-20 week wait when I applied so fingers crossed.

Best of luck to everyone here waiting, it would be great to hear of everyone's progress!

• Like 1

I think they had a large amount of applications between the 5th and 10th July that they are processing faster than expected hence the reduction in processing times.

The specified processing times have reduced from the last update so I'm assuming this does apply to us.

And it was updated yesterday - I'm stalking them on a daily basis hoping for news! ?

• Like 1

Back again! 

I sent my PTE score report via the Pearson online portal to Immigration SA. Does this electronic way of sending the report expire please? I just want to avoid any delays because the transfer has expired. I understand the PTE exam expires after 2 years (but immigration will accept a 3 year old exam).

The reason I ask is Pearson also manages the Cisco exams. When you send a score report online for these exams they expire after 2 months

Hi Jetblast,

you've lost me this time I'm afraid, Is the PTE another english test? We did the Ielts and scanned a copy of a paper certificate, and uploaded that into the application. Im sure they'll request it if its missing or you could sendcit to them again just to be sure.

Is it me or have a load of posts about front loading medicals etc all disappeared from this thread! bit random

Hoping we hear soon :)

We were discussing last night how it will be great to finally get Sponsored by SA ... then to join another Queue! Argh

Jon & Sophie, I think you may be in luck with SA as i think their processing times should be coming back down very soon after the July rush [emoji16]

We were discussing last night how it will be great to finally get Sponsored by SA ... then to join another Queue! Argh

Jon & Sophie, I think you may be in luck with SA as i think their processing times should be coming back down very soon after the July rush [emoji16]
I bet the Dept Of Home Affairs will have a rush now!

20 hours ago, Jellica said:
20 hours ago, JetBlast said:
I bet the Dept Of Home Affairs will have a rush now!

Noooo! and processing times will go up again! gah!

Visa times might go up but it's good news on the SA front.

Refreshed SA Immi timescales today and they've gone from 12-16 to 14 weeks, that's great 🙂 That's around 3 months instead of the 5 months that they were quoting before. Things are definitely getting better!

image.png.6d845ca56937a1abd9e2276627d51393.png

• Like 2