High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

Just wanted to let you all know that my 190 State Nomination was approved today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have to update my Signature at the bottom, but for the sake of anyone else who might be wondering:

ANZSCO: 254499 - Registered Nurse (nec)
AHPRA Lodged 29-DEC-2017;  Asked for more docs 31-JAN-2018;  Reg in Principle 12-MAR-2018, (flew over and presented); Full reg 29-MAR-2018
Anmac Modified Skills Lodged: 29-MAR-2018;  Positive results received: 15-MAY-2018
PTE(Academic) Wrote: Aug 2018,  received results (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90)
65 points + 5 state sponsorship

Thank You all for your support!

It will be Jon and Sophie next!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Just wanted to let you all know that my 190 State Nomination was approved today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have to update my Signature at the bottom, but for the sake of anyone else who might be wondering:

AHPRA Lodged 29-DEC-2017;  Asked for more docs 31-JAN-2018;  Reg in Principle 12-MAR-2018, (flew over and presented); Full reg 29-MAR-2018
Anmac Modified Skills Lodged: 29-MAR-2018;  Positive results received: 15-MAY-2018

Yey, that's awesome news. It's wonderful that the time has come down again to 8 1/2 weeks for you too so fingers crossed it'll come down even further.

Are you front loading your medical / police checks etc in the hope of getting a direct grant or adding the health check in only when asked for them / after submitting the application?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Congratulations Jenki

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Yey, that's awesome news. It's wonderful that the time has come down again to 8 1/2 weeks for you too so fingers crossed it'll come down even further.

Are you front loading your medical / police checks etc in the hope of getting a direct grant or adding the health check in only when asked for them / after submitting the application?

Not sure at the moment when we will do the medicals. We will start the visa application this weekend and figure it all out. I'm leaning towards doing the health check etc in the new year.

On 09/11/2018 at 00:31, Jenki75 said:

Not sure at the moment when we will do the medicals. We will start the visa application this weekend and figure it all out. I'm leaning towards doing the health check etc in the new year.

What did you decide to go for? I would love to get a direct grant when we apply for the visa but can't have anything outstanding in order for that to happen so I'm thinking front loading the health checks is a good thing. But then if our application takes, say, 9 months to be accepted that only leaves us with a minimal time to go over and validate the visa. But I just want to get there as quickly as possible so I don't want to waste time sending in documents after the CO requests them if it could have all been done first time around.

4 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

What did you decide to go for? I would love to get a direct grant when we apply for the visa but can't have anything outstanding in order for that to happen so I'm thinking front loading the health checks is a good thing. But then if our application takes, say, 9 months to be accepted that only leaves us with a minimal time to go over and validate the visa. But I just want to get there as quickly as possible so I don't want to waste time sending in documents after the CO requests them if it could have all been done first time around.

So we are currently uploading all our docs. Plan to submit this week with payment. We have decided to wait for medicals and police checks until January. On immi tracker it looks like the case officer contacts you close to the 100 day mark. So if we can delay the medicals etc but still have them in before first contact it will still give us lots of time to get over there. That's our thoughts. Worst case we will fly over for a visit to enter before the date required. 

2 hours ago, gurinder kaur said:

Thanks🙂,Could you please clear me whether we can submit these documents at our own after lodging visa or we can submit only on request of officer?Do you underwent health examination?If so how you got Hap Id?Your help would be highly appreciated.I have to lodge visa but waiting for police clearance to be done.

Edited by gurinder kaur

Hi guys 

I have an important question.  sorry if I ask it in wrong place because Im new please direct me

Im optometrist and because the authority(ocanz)  that assess my degree has several exams,  I decided to apply for subclass 190 as an orthoptist(this occupation is same as optometrist but have less income and less duties) because the assessment of this occupation is so easier 

can I do that?,if you dont know.  could you please guide me to another forum or so who know specifically about it 

Thank you  

Hi guys 
I have an important question.  sorry if I ask it in wrong place because Im new please direct me
Im optometrist and because the authority(ocanz)  that assess my degree has several exams,  I decided to apply for subclass 190 as an orthoptist(this occupation is same as optometrist but have less income and less duties) because the assessment of this occupation is so easier 
can I do that?,if you dont know.  could you please guide me to another forum or so who know specifically about it 
Thank you  
As long as you pass the skills assessment you can apply under anything.

I first went as a Network Engineer. But they increased the points to 80 and I only had 70. However Network Administrator is 70 so I went for that instead. I just needed a new assessment.
  • Like 1

So we are currently uploading all our docs. Plan to submit this week with payment. We have decided to wait for medicals and police checks until January. On immi tracker it looks like the case officer contacts you close to the 100 day mark. So if we can delay the medicals etc but still have them in before first contact it will still give us lots of time to get over there. That's our thoughts. Worst case we will fly over for a visit to enter before the date required. 
Sounds like a plan :)
I figured if they take 3 months to look at anything then there would still be time.
Hopefully the new version of the 489 page will be fixed with the timescales when the next update is due in a few days. I really prefer the beta version but I don't like not knowing the timescales.

We lodged our 190 today 15th Nov (16th in Australia). Police check booked for Dec 20th and will book the medical for around that same time. Time to get healthy lol
Lol! We've been losing weight since the middle of the summer to make sure the medicals go fine. I'm down 37 pounds at the moment but it's so much harder losing weight in winter.
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, can someone tell me ehat is this health check froentloading/submission means?while lodging 489 application in https://apply.migration.sa.gov.au/user/login.php , there is no field tgat prompts for health check or PCC.

Did u mean uploading those docsi. Skillselect application even before invite is issued?

Iftgereisanyway we can fast track the application withthese two docs, pls let me know

1 hour ago, Hi@ma said:

Hello everyone, can someone tell me ehat is this health check froentloading/submission means?while lodging 489 application in https://apply.migration.sa.gov.au/user/login.php , there is no field tgat prompts for health check or PCC.

Did u mean uploading those docsi. Skillselect application even before invite is issued?

Iftgereisanyway we can fast track the application withthese two docs, pls let me know

HI Hi@ma!

The link you've shared is for the state nomination, so no police checks or health checks are required at that stage. You don't need them for the EOI either.

We're talking about the visa application once the state nomination has been granted. There are no guarantees or "fast tracks" but what we're discussing is that most applications seem to be picked up by the Australian government after about 3 months. If all documents are uploaded (including the health and police checks and relevant forms), then there is the POSSIBILITY of getting a direct grant. This is where you get the visa grant without being asked for any extra documents or clarifications if everything is in order and the case office has no further questions or needs extra evidence. If this happens, it's possible to get a visa within 3 months instead of waiting the 8-11 months that was last advertised on the immi website (if you check today it's saying low volume of applications but this is just because they've upgraded their website and it's not pulling through all the data yet)

Just be absolutely clear though, there is no guaranteed way of making sure you get a direct grant. But one thing that helps is getting your police and health checks done before the case office looks at your visa application for the first time. You can choose to "front load" (do all health and police checks prior to applying for the visa) or apply for the visa and then get the health and police checks done between the application date and when the case officer first picks up your application.

The other option is waiting for the case officer to pick it up, then they ask you to upload the outstanding documents and get the checks done after they've asked for them. In this circumstance, you won't get a direct grant and it'll take longer to get the visa granted.

However (sorry for the long message), there is one main downside of front loading the police and health checks: you have to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of the earliest of these two. If you front loaded the checks, applied for the visa and then it took 9 months to come through. You would only have a few months to get to Australia to validate the visa. Some people get around this by doing a "validation trip" where they don't actually emigrate but they do a short holiday to make sure they get the visa within the 12 months and then go back to their country to finish off selling their house, shipping their stuff, leaving their job etc.

I'm not a migration agent but this is my understanding based on my conversations with my agent and many others on this forum.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jon

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonandSophietravel said:

HI Hi@ma!

The link you've shared is for the state nomination, so no police checks or health checks are required at that stage. You don't need them for the EOI either.

We're talking about the visa application once the state nomination has been granted. There are no guarantees or "fast tracks" but what we're discussing is that most applications seem to be picked up by the Australian government after about 3 months. If all documents are uploaded (including the health and police checks and relevant forms), then there is the POSSIBILITY of getting a direct grant. This is where you get the visa grant without being asked for any extra documents or clarifications if everything is in order and the case office has no further questions or needs extra evidence. If this happens, it's possible to get a visa within 3 months instead of waiting the 8-11 months that was last advertised on the immi website (if you check today it's saying low volume of applications but this is just because they've upgraded their website and it's not pulling through all the data yet)

Just be absolutely clear though, there is no guaranteed way of making sure you get a direct grant. But one thing that helps is getting your police and health checks done before the case office looks at your visa application for the first time. You can choose to "front load" (do all health and police checks prior to applying for the visa) or apply for the visa and then get the health and police checks done between the application date and when the case officer first picks up your application.

The other option is waiting for the case officer to pick it up, then they ask you to upload the outstanding documents and get the checks done after they've asked for them. In this circumstance, you won't get a direct grant and it'll take longer to get the visa granted.

However (sorry for the long message), there is one main downside of front loading the police and health checks: you have to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of the earliest of these two. If you front loaded the checks, applied for the visa and then it took 9 months to come through. You would only have a few months to get to Australia to validate the visa. Some people get around this by doing a "validation trip" where they don't actually emigrate but they do a short holiday to make sure they get the visa within the 12 months and then go back to their country to finish off selling their house, shipping their stuff, leaving their job etc.

I'm not a migration agent but this is my understanding based on my conversations with my agent and many others on this forum.

Hope this helps 🙂

Jon

Thanks a ton! You cleared all my unasked questions as well.validation trip before12 months validity of those certificates is a new poiht to me as well. Thanks Jon😀

16 hours ago, JetBlast said:

How do you mean you have booked your police check please? You just fill out a form online. I did mine yesterday.

Here in Canada, we need to get them done by the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Not every detachment, especially in small cities or towns like we live in, has the ability to do electronic fingerprinting.  They outsource that to other third party places, which do electronic finger print, submit to RCMP and run a search against their database.

Then we get the "Certified criminal record check" - because doing it by name and id only is not certified.

Therefore, we have booked a time at this third-party provider to get them done. 

• Like 1