High Points for 489/190 - South Australia

2 hours ago, JonandSophietravel said:

Hi Gurpreet,

I can't see that you've ever asked to be added and provided your details but apologies if I've missed them - I went back quite a lot of pages

What your visa type and lodge date and I'll add you in.

Dear Sophie and Jon..i wud luv to join the henley beach squad...

489 state sponsored (SA) visa

Eoi :6 july

invitation to apply: 15 sep'18

Visa lodged:16 nov'18

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

Hi people!

Is anyone aware of the new conditions that will be enforced from Nov 2019? Apparently, people will need to stay in regional areas for longer than 2 years before they can apply for 887 (PR). 

But I believe this should only be applicable for 489 visa applications lodged after Nov?  Also how true is this news? (Read it in Expat Forum).

Edited by Bazooka Boy

14 hours ago, Gurpreet ghotra said:

Yeah ..its true..489 will be replaced by a new visa subclass 491..but 489's applied till october 2019 will fall in the old category only..

Yes just read it. Applicants will need to stay in regional areas for atleast 3 years(for applications lodged in Nov 2019 and after). 

Also the soonest one can file for 887 will be Dec 2022. 

27 minutes ago, Bazooka Boy said:

Yes just read it. Applicants will need to stay in regional areas for atleast 3 years(for applications lodged in Nov 2019 and after). 

Also the soonest one can file for 887 will be Dec 2022. 

Yeah...

Also the new 491 visa holders cant move from one regional to another..they have to stay in their designated post codes for 3 years while the present one allows you to move to other regional post codes if job opportunities are less (or no job) in original regional area(ofcourse all the necessary proofs need to be submitted). The new one is definately going to be more strict.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Gurpreet ghotra said:

Yeah...

Also the new 491 visa holders cant move from one regional to another..they have to stay in their designated post codes for 3 years while the present one allows you to move to other regional post codes if job opportunities are less (or no job) in original regional area(ofcourse all the necessary proofs need to be submitted). The new one is definately going to be more strict.

You are misinformed here, nowhere in the legislation does it state that one must live in the same region that they were sponsored.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Boy said:

Sure mate.

Just addressed it to make sure, we're all in the clear that's all. 

To begin with, Subclass 491 is announced to be introduced from 16th November 2019. As of current, it does not exist. Few months down the road, any changes can still happen. We are not the government. We won’t know what they have in mind for that new visa. Hence, everything that is discussed or talked about is just pure speculation. So, in my opinion, there is no point of discussing the requirement imposed for this new visa.  

Secondly, this forum thread as mentioned in the subject and also from @JetBlast, it is for “High Points for 489/190 - South Australia.” Hence, to prevent confusion for people who have came to this thread for this specific topic, I would suggest it’s best to create a separate thread for the question posted regarding 491 visas if this was something concerning. This will also not just prevent confusion but attract like-minded people who are interested in 491 visas as well. Which is why there is segregation of topics in the forum to allow like-minded people to easily search for the topic that they are looking for. 

Lastly, most of the people here are usually seeking for a company or some comfort/support from the same group of people with the same objective/interest while we all wait for that nerve-wracking result. So, information that are relayed here might not be accurate as we are not professional. It would be best that you seek for a professional (such as a migration agent) that can really help you in your case. If applicants like us, who are not immigration officers or migration agents, can actually provide professional advices, then there will be no reason why the professionals are doing this for a living.

So please be considerate, help yourselves and others too. And also, thank you for everyone who had spared your precious time reading through my lengthy thread. 😊

Edited by Joesline
  • Like 5

Hi again all,

I talked to an agent for some advice on my failed Vetassess and he explained why he thought it failed.  Which is annoying as the reasons are not stipulated on the vetassess website but I understood where he was coming from.   So I have written a review letter and paid for the decision to be reviewed.  Hopefully they will change their minds but it is still a 50/50, or maybe 70/30 for a rejection as he said the role is very hard to get a positive assessment.

Anyway why I am posting, I mentioned you guys and the wait to him and he said the number of SA applications is huge and they have pretty much used up the allocation for this year so until the new year (July) everything will slow right down.  Nothing saying he is right just thought I would share.

• Like 1

Oh man! Could that be the case? Surely if they are nominating they would keep within their allocation? Or maybe not I guess...

Hi again all,
I talked to an agent for some advice on my failed Vetassess and he explained why he thought it failed.  Which is annoying as the reasons are not stipulated on the vetassess website but I understood where he was coming from.   So I have written a review letter and paid for the decision to be reviewed.  Hopefully they will change their minds but it is still a 50/50, or maybe 70/30 for a rejection as he said the role is very hard to get a positive assessment.
Anyway why I am posting, I mentioned you guys and the wait to him and he said the number of SA applications is huge and they have pretty much used up the allocation for this year so until the new year (July) everything will slow right down.  Nothing saying he is right just thought I would share.

23 minutes ago, OffToOz said:

Hi again all,

I thought that would only count with waiting to be nominated by SA, as after your nomination it isn't anything to do with the state anymore.....Is that correct?

• Like 1

Hi again all,

I maybe wrong as don't know much to do with immigration but I can't see how an assessor who works on behalf of vetassess would know this info.

Reason be most of us have registered agents and even they don't know or can shed a light on it.

Sorry read it wrong. Was an agent who said it to you.

18 hours ago, Joesline said:

To begin with, Subclass 491 is announced to be introduced from 16th November 2019. As of current, it does not exist. Few months down the road, any changes can still happen. We are not the government. We won’t know what they have in mind for that new visa. Hence, everything that is discussed or talked about is just pure speculation. So, in my opinion, there is no point of discussing the requirement imposed for this new visa.  

Secondly, this forum thread as mentioned in the subject and also from @JetBlast, it is for “High Points for 489/190 - South Australia.” Hence, to prevent confusion for people who have came to this thread for this specific topic, I would suggest it’s best to create a separate thread for the question posted regarding 491 visas if this was something concerning. This will also not just prevent confusion but attract like-minded people who are interested in 491 visas as well. Which is why there is segregation of topics in the forum to allow like-minded people to easily search for the topic that they are looking for. 

Lastly, most of the people here are usually seeking for a company or some comfort/support from the same group of people with the same objective/interest while we all wait for that nerve-wracking result. So, information that are relayed here might not be accurate as we are not professional. It would be best that you seek for a professional (such as a migration agent) that can really help you in your case. If applicants like us, who are not immigration officers or migration agents, can actually provide professional advices, then there will be no reason why the professionals are doing this for a living.

So please be considerate, help yourselves and others too. And also, thank you for everyone who had spared your precious time reading through my lengthy thread. 😊

Thanks @Joesline for your detailed post! 

I’m sure none of us are here to cause unnecessary confusion 🙂  

We are human and mistakes do happen so we can definitely be more forgiving and supportive of each other during this long journey (especially towards new people who’ve joined the forum recently).

Since this nerve wracking process does consume a lot of our time and mental bandwidth, at times one can become anxious and seek for help spontaneously. So apologies if I or anyone here went out of context  🙂  Absolutely no wrong intentions meant. 

Peace ✌🏼 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bazooka Boy said:

We are human and mistakes do happen so we can definitely be more forgiving and supportive of each other during this long journey (especially towards new people who’ve joined the forum recently).

Since this nerve wracking process does consume a lot of our time and mental bandwidth, at times one can become anxious and seek for help spontaneously. So apologies if I or anyone here went out of context  🙂  Absolutely no wrong intentions meant. 

Peace ✌🏼 

Sorry...I have to write this.

The new visa is definately related to 489...the very first introduction of this new visa(comes ,as) a replacement of 489 visa..so people like me who are waiting desperately for the grant definately got goosebumps the moment any new change is introduced (because we have not been granted yet).My purpose of joining this thread is to seek information from people who already got the grant or still waiting...just to have an exchange of thoughts..

Seeking help or expressing thoughts does not count in committing mistake..i definately knew that all of us are not migration agents here.

I wholeheartedly apologize if i hurt anyone unintentionally ..May be my cerebral capability is not as perfect as @JetBlast And @Joesline...

I promise not to seek help or express thoughts from this thread...just to avoid further confusions...

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

The new visa is definately related to 489...the very first introduction of this new visa(comes ,as) a replacement of 489 visa..so people like me who are waiting desperately for the grant definately got goosebumps the moment any new change is introduced (because we have not been granted yet).My purpose of joining this thread is to seek information from people who already got the grant or still waiting...just to have an exchange of thoughts..
Seeking help or expressing thoughts does not count in committing mistake..i definately knew that all of us are not migration agents here.
I wholeheartedly apologize if i hurt anyone unintentionally ..May be my cerebral capability is not as perfect as [mention=242357]JetBlast[/mention] And [mention=273674]Joesline[/mention]...
I promise not to seek help or express thoughts from this thread...just to avoid further confusions...
That is not what is being said. Top and bottom of it is the new visas deserve a new thread. Discussing one type of visa in a thread focused on another is not a good idea. This thread is for the 489 & 190. Seems pointless to start talking / speculating about another visa in here as that's not that topic is about.

3 hours ago, Gurpreet ghotra said:

I wholeheartedly apologize if i hurt anyone unintentionally ..May be my cerebral capability is not as perfect as @JetBlast And @Joesline...

Firstly, I do not understand why you need to emphasize that the new visa is definitely related to visa 489. We had never denied their relation. All I was mentioning is that it’s best to create a separate thread for the question posted regarding 491 visas. Anyway, if you have goose bumps about the new change, you should seek a professional. We all did approach our migration agent whenever we have queries. This is how having a migration agent is helpful.

Secondly, I do not understand in which form have me or anyone inferred that seeking help or expressing thoughts is committing a mistake. As far as I know, we only reiterated about staying on the topic for this thread.

Lastly, I cannot comprehend the intention to downplay yourselves when serving an apology. All I was asking is to be considerate to yourselves and others. And if you don’t understand how to, I have already given the suggestion; open a new thread for a new topic.

There is already more than enough in everyone's plate to worry about and plan for the Big Move. So, let's stay on the topic and move on. 🙂  It will be highly appreciated to have the forum thread clean from all of these unnecessary negative emotions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bazooka Boy said:

Peace ✌🏼 

Just hope that people who are interested about 491 visa can attract more like-minded ones. This way, the information gathered would be more useful for those that needs it.

For example, I did the same by creating a new thread regarding shipping from Singapore on another separate topic under the Shipping category instead.