previous relationships

Egorfester

13 minutes ago, Quinkla said:

They are only interested in marriages or registered relationships. Anything else can be explained as dating or house-sharing. 

Or non-marriage relationships where there have been children arising from the relationship, as that child will need to be declared etc.

2 hours ago, Quinkla said:

They are only interested in marriages or registered relationships. Anything else can be explained as dating or house-sharing. 

Not so. They also want de facto relationships declared, especially anything of 12 months or more. A couple can get a visa on the basis of a de facto relationship so of course they need declaring. 

9 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Not so. They also want de facto relationships declared, especially anything of 12 months or more. A couple can get a visa on the basis of a de facto relationship so of course they need declaring. 

They cannot prove a de facto relationship and they really aren't interested in them. The burden of proof with a de facto relationship is for the person in one to prove it exists, not that it doesn't. A former de facto relationship cannot get anyone a visa. 

9 hours ago, Quinkla said:

They cannot prove a de facto relationship and they really aren't interested in them. The burden of proof with a de facto relationship is for the person in one to prove it exists, not that it doesn't. A former de facto relationship cannot get anyone a visa. 

No, but it needs to be declared. I had a de facto relationship of 12 years before I applied for a visa to join my Australian fiance. The form specifically asked for any previous de facto relationships, and the start/ finish date.

They want to be sure they are not issuing a spouse visa to someone who has just married to get a visa, whilst actually living with a different de facto partner. And they use all kinds of proof to see if one is in such a relationship, even down to looking at facebook. I know. I have the letters from the department to prove it.