Probably a stupid question...

Baja

So it’s finally happening. On 27th July my husband and I move to Oz. 

One (probably stupid) question- he is a citizen and my visa is spousal (Irish passport) do I go through passport control with him as he is my sponsor to activate visa or do we both go through our separate channels?

Also do I need to print the visa email or is it electronically tagged to my passport?

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Baja said:

So it’s finally happening. On 27th July my husband and I move to Oz. 

One (probably stupid) question- he is a citizen and my visa is spousal (Irish passport) do I go through passport control with him as he is my sponsor to activate visa or do we both go through our separate channels?

Also do I need to print the visa email or is it electronically tagged to my passport?

Thanks in advance!

If you are with an Australian you go together through the Australian gate even if you have a non Australian passport.

Yes family members should go through together.  The visa is linked but I don’t always trust the systems so at least have an electronic copy or a photo on your phone of the visa grant handy to show just in case.  I don’t bother with printed stuff these days.

22 hours ago, newjez said:

If you are with an Australian you go together through the Australian gate even if you have a non Australian passport.

That must've changed since last year as when I arrived in Melb, my Aussie husband and daughter when thru AU Citizens and I was told to go to other passport arrivals. My passport activated visa automatically, I had a copy of my Immi grant letter on me just in case, and I got into arrivals before them as there were more people in their queue!