457 visa application Timeline for Years 2017/2018

Hello everyone...

I thought it is a good idea to have a Thread on the 457 visa timeline for years 2017/2108 and it could help many people who are on their way to apply for the visa and wondering where the processing is up to:

People who applied in previous years are also welcome to share their timeline as well. I just thought that the most recent the information is the more accurate it will be.

Therefore please share your timeline using below format :

1. Date applied
  2. Agent/ Self application
  3. Date received the acknowledgement email
  4. Did you receive a Request for further information
  5. Date visa application was accepted

Above is what I thought is good to know. If you think there are other point that could benefit anyone please feel free to add .

Thanking everyone in advance

16 hours ago, Nemesis said:

You do know the 457 can no longer be applied for?

Yes I know. My intention, if enough people respond, is to try and give those who are waiting to be processed an idea where the department is up to with their processing of these applications. I found a similar thread helped me a few years ago when I applied for my citizenship. My brother and his family are waiting on their application to be processed and we have found there is little info from their agent or online to say where the department is up to with the back log of applications.

I'll fill in his details below to start

1. Date applied: 27/02/2018
  2. Agent/ Self application: Agent
  3. Date received the acknowledgement email: 29/03/2018
  4. Did you receive a Request for further information:
  5. Date visa application was accepted:

On 23/05/2018 at 09:42, wheresdbeef said:

Yes I know. My intention, if enough people respond, is to try and give those who are waiting to be processed an idea where the department is up to with their processing of these applications. I found a similar thread helped me a few years ago when I applied for my citizenship. My brother and his family are waiting on their application to be processed and we have found there is little info from their agent or online to say where the department is up to with the back log of applications.

I'll fill in his details below to start

1. Date applied: 27/02/2018
  4. Did you receive a Request for further information:
  5. Date visa application was accepted:
  1. Date applied: 27/02/2018
  4. Did you receive a Request for further information: None
  5. Date visa application was accepted: 28/05/2018

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husbands company applied 30/11/17. We are still waiting to hear. We came to QLD on a tourist visa and are now on bridging visa a. the only problems incurred was me having to fly home to england for a funeral so i had to get bridging visa b. Husbands work are also paying school fees as you have to pay for public when on a bridging visa.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Date applied: 25/03/2018
  3. Date received the acknowledgement email: Unsure agent dealt with this
  4. Did you receive a Request for further information: No
  5. Date visa application was accepted: 10/07/2018 Priority processing application accepted.

Visa approved today!! Husbands company have sponsored him, he is an Engineering Manager. First time company have sponsored anyone and all went through smoothly ?