Citizenship paperwork and Police check

Brissybound

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've used this site, so not sure if this is the right place to ask questions.

Finally getting my citizenship paperwork together after nearly ten years as a PR. I've filled in the paperwork, online one kept crashing before anyone mentions it's easier, do I need the request my own police check in Australia or do I just send in the forms and the government department will automatically do the check. 

Not been out of Australia long enough to need any overseas checks and have added my original UK police check from my visa application to the form.

I'm hoping there are people who have taken citizenship on here or am I the only Pom in the village. TIA.

Hi there. I've moved this to Visa chat as it was in Forum feedback. Most of our citizenship stuff goes here. There is a thread active on it also. 

5 hours ago, rammygirl said:

For citizenship they do the Aus police check. Only overseas ones if required are the applicants responsibility to obtain. 

My son did not apply for one and he is a citizen now, we are waiting on our test and have not been asked for one. 

Yeah for citizenship the AFP checks are done by the Department, not the applicant.