Visa options

Hi there I wondering if you could give me some advise on family visas...
My niece can get a job transfer to Australia just outside of Melbourne if she goes next year what are the chances of her sponsoring me at the age of 45 and my wife  40 and my 16 yr old daughter i am a windscreen fitter in the uk and my wife in a chemist we are uk citizens and uk born what are your thoughts 
Thanks ken
Sent from my iPhone

Hi there we both work my wife works in a family run chemist she has been there for 13 yrs I am windscreen fitter and been doing it for 14 yrs I’ve looked on the sol list but our jobs aren’t on there .. what if I had a job offer would this help thanks again ken

44 minutes ago, Ken1234lisa said:

Hi there we both work my wife works in a family run chemist she has been there for 13 yrs I am windscreen fitter and been doing it for 14 yrs I’ve looked on the sol list but our jobs aren’t on there .. what if I had a job offer would this help thanks again ken

As far as I know, your niece isn't a close enough relative to sponsor you.  The only way you can emigrate is if you qualify in your own right. That means you need to have an occupation that's on the list.

3 minutes ago, Ken1234lisa said:

Thanks for replying guys what if I had a job offer would that make difference ?

No, it makes no difference.  One of you must still have an occupation that's on the list. Is your wife a qualified Pharmacist?  I don't know if that's on the list, worth checking.

Edited by Marisawright

Hi again I just looked on sol list for 2017/2018 pharmacy technician in on there my wife is dispensary technician pretty much the same type of job and got 12 yrs experience would that be enough sorry for all of these questions guys 

thanks ken

2 hours ago, Ken1234lisa said:

Hi again I just looked on sol list for 2017/2018 pharmacy technician in on there my wife is dispensary technician pretty much the same type of job and got 12 yrs experience would that be enough sorry for all of these questions guys 

thanks ken

Possibly, best to run her job/experience past a migrant agent

13 hours ago, Ken1234lisa said:

thanks ken

Can she pass the skills assessment?

A family sponsored visa would not be possible as for you, you are too old and for your wife the occupation must be on the long term list. Note, the SOL no longer exists. However, as you have spotted, pharmacy technician, is on the short term list. Which may give rise to options. That is if she can pass the skills assessment and has enough points. I would recommend you speak to a good agent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken1234lisa said:

Hello there again where would we go for skills assessment and what is skills assessment sorry for all questions we are very new to all this thanks for your time

regards ken

As you have no clue about the process or or even if you stand a chance to qualify for a visa, I’d suggest contacting one of the agents who post here on the forum for a free assessment. At least that way you’ll know where you stand with it all.