457 Visa nomination expired

xd00x

Hello all

I was nominated and applied for 457 visa and got an email that company nomination has been expired.

So, I didn't get any approve/reject for a visa, just sentence that they can't future process my request coz it made more than 12 months ago and the nomination has been expired and my request can't be applied to another nomination. How it's possible? What can I do in this case? 

2 hours ago, xd00x said:

Hello all

I was nominated and applied for 457 visa and got an email that company nomination has been expired.

So, I didn't get any approve/reject for a visa, just sentence that they can't future process my request coz it made more than 12 months ago and the nomination has been expired and my request can't be applied to another nomination. How it's possible? What can I do in this case? 

Get a new nomination and put in a fresh application

It's crazy that a nomination expires purely because of delays in the department assessing the visa application. If processing of such visa takes longer than 12 months then a nomination should be valid "Until linked visa is decided" 

I honestly don't know what to suggest, are you on a visa still that you can re-lodge a TSS? 

10 hours ago, xd00x said:

Hello all

Unfortunately they can not lodge a new TSS nomination for you to link your current undecided 457 application.

You will need to start again with a new TSS nomination and visa application.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bump but a similar thing happened to me.

I was messaged this morning to say that my employer does not have a nomination for my application because the nomination was approved October 17th 2017. Since nominations only last for 12 months, and they have taken longer than this to process my application (by their own accord estimated processing times are 13-15 months), the nomination has hence expired, and I am told I cannot link a new nomination to the application.

What am I actually suppose to do now? I have paid all fees and uploaded all requested documents on time, I have done everything right, but it looks like because of their disorganisation I may not get approved...

34 minutes ago, ed_reed said:

@xd00x wow, really hope it doesn't come to that - by withdrawing my application I would have to submit a whole new one incurring all the costs again, right? Because the Department of Home Affairs are disorganised? I'd rather spend my money on a lawyer, frankly.

Yes, you have to pay all costs one more time. I really know what you're feeling, but in that case, you'll get a potential problem for a new application.

Also, 457 has been replaced by a new TSS visa, so you could not apply to 457 anymore. So, if you'll hire a lawyer, keep me in touch — I'll cross fingers for you.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ed_reed said:

Sorry to bump but a similar thing happened to me.

I was messaged this morning to say that my employer does not have a nomination for my application because the nomination was approved October 17th 2017. Since nominations only last for 12 months, and they have taken longer than this to process my application (by their own accord estimated processing times are 13-15 months), the nomination has hence expired, and I am told I cannot link a new nomination to the application.

What am I actually suppose to do now? I have paid all fees and uploaded all requested documents on time, I have done everything right, but it looks like because of their disorganisation I may not get approved...

13 hours ago, ed_reed said:

@xd00x wow, really hope it doesn't come to that - by withdrawing my application I would have to submit a whole new one incurring all the costs again, right? Because the Department of Home Affairs are disorganised? I'd rather spend my money on a lawyer, frankly.

You will not have any joy trying to continue with the 457 visa application. If the nomination has expired, it is not possible to lodge a new 457 nomination and you can not link a 457 visa to the new 482 nomination.

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2018 at 12:58, Raul Senise said:

You will not have any joy trying to continue with the 457 visa application. If the nomination has expired, it is not possible to lodge a new 457 nomination and you can not link a 457 visa to the new 482 nomination.

Raul, What about this: http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/mr1994227/s2.75.html

(b)  12 months after the day on which the nomination is approved unless, at that time, there is a visa application made by the nominee on the basis of the nomination that has not been finally determined; and?