Do you have to remember exact dates of things for application

tsc

Hi All

Please could any successful applicants tell me if they inserted the exact dates on their partner visa application in regards to past relationships and dates that you visited other countries. 

I can remember roughly what year my previous relationships started and ended, but no way the exact date, so I just guessed.

Also for countries visited in the last 10 years, not every country has stamped my passport, so again the exact date might have to be an educated guess.

Thank you

I don’t recall anything about past relationships. Was that previous marriages or something on the form? If so, hopefully you would know the dates of that.

Re overseas travel. I don’t recall if I listed exact dates for some trips. Could have been the month. 

Thank you @snifter 

Regarding the relationships, it isn’t for marriages no, it’s for just any relationship. Seems a bit odd that they need that really.

Also, the form wont accept just the month and year etc. I tried that earlier. It has to have a full date which is rather annoying, especially when you don’t know it!

I’ll have to keep digging for the info...

32 minutes ago, tsc said:

Thank you @snifter 

Regarding the relationships, it isn’t for marriages no, it’s for just any relationship. Seems a bit odd that they need that really.

Also, the form wont accept just the month and year etc. I tried that earlier. It has to have a full date which is rather annoying, especially when you don’t know it!

If it just holidays I would put best guess and not waste a lot of time on it.  They are not going to know you are a few days out with your family holiday to France or Spain 5 years ago.  Our application was on paper 5 years ago and we put the month/year on that so clearly it is not important.

38 minutes ago, tsc said:

Thank you @snifter 

I don’t recall questions about past relationships......unless they are merely wanting to establish if you have any children from a past relationship or if you may still be married.

3 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I don’t recall questions about past relationships......unless they are merely wanting to establish if you have any children from a past relationship or if you may still be married.

That is what I thought also. Declaring past marriages and divorces, that sort of thing. I hadn't been married before so it wasn't something on my radar when applying. 

15 hours ago, tsc said:

Hi All

Please could any successful applicants tell me if they inserted the exact dates on their partner visa application in regards to past relationships and dates that you visited other countries. 

I can remember roughly what year my previous relationships started and ended, but no way the exact date, so I just guessed.

Also for countries visited in the last 10 years, not every country has stamped my passport, so again the exact date might have to be an educated guess.

Thank you

I went through passports for the dates we were abroad and for relationships we just put an approx date but the month and year were spot on ( I actually put the wrong month and date in for my oh past serious relationship so it didn't quite match his info and it was fine ) xx