Man loses job re immigration status

Bulya

18 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Yes, we are becoming a nasty little country are’nt we

"we" ? you might.   There is a lot in the news about deportations of a lot of what are being referred to as the "windrush generation" .  It's not the "country" that want's them deported (I, nor anyone I know don't). Its a department in the government that is carrying out its job to the letter.  I very much doubt any of these cases will actually go through.  If they do 99% of this "country" (including me) will be up in arms.

• Thanks 1

On 15/04/2018 at 07:19, simmo said:

"we" ? you might.   There is a lot in the news about deportations of a lot of what are being referred to as the "windrush generation" .  It's not the "country" that want's them deported (I, nor anyone I know don't). Its a department in the government that is carrying out its job to the letter.  I very much doubt any of these cases will actually go through.  If they do 99% of this "country" (including me) will be up in arms.

Officisness does not equal effectiveness, and who created this “hostile environment” who else than the “nasty party” which was voted in on lots of promises about equality, none of which have translated into policy.

• Like 2

On 15 April 2018 at 06:19, simmo said:

"Some members of the Windrush generation have been wrongly deported, Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes has admitted to ITV News. Asked whether people who had been resident in the UK for decades had been deported, Ms Nokes said: "There have been some horrendous situations which as a minister have appalled me."

Nobody is admitting to the numbers involved and until a few days ago Theresa May refused to even discuss the policy with representatives of those affected. This terrible policy is only being reviewed because of the scale of public pressure. 

www.itv.com/news/2018-04-16/some-members-of-windrush-generation-have-been-wrongly-deported-immigration-minister-admits/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tea4too said:

"Some members of the Windrush generation have been wrongly deported, Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes has admitted to ITV News. Asked whether people who had been resident in the UK for decades had been deported, Ms Nokes said: "There have been some horrendous situations which as a minister have appalled me."

Nobody is admitting to the numbers involved and until a few days ago Theresa May refused to even discuss the policy with representatives of those affected. This terrible policy is only being reviewed because of the scale of public pressure. 

www.itv.com/news/2018-04-16/some-members-of-windrush-generation-have-been-wrongly-deported-immigration-minister-admits/

No one has been deported or will be deported just seen on the BBC news, it was a plan to stop illegal immigrants from getting free NHS treatment and these people were flagged up as they had never applied for British citizenship when they first arrived 50 odd years ago....obviously there was no intention of sending people who had been her for decades home...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Perthbum said:

No one has been deported or will be deported just seen on the BBC news, it was a plan to stop illegal immigrants from getting free NHS treatment and these people were flagged up as they had never applied for British citizenship when they first arrived 50 odd years ago....obviously there was no intention of sending people who had been her for decades home...

Well you might believe this bunch of liars but I will wait until the truth seeps out over the next 6 months and this will just strengthen the EUs resolve about protecting the rights of their citizens here and emphasise to everyone we need as an immigrant not to bother coming which was the intention in the first place..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well you might believe this bunch of liars but I will wait until the truth seeps out over the next 6 months and this will just strengthen the EUs resolve about protecting the rights of their citizens here and emphasise to everyone we need as an immigrant not to bother coming which was the intention in the first place..

It was actually started by labour in 2009 and implemented in 2010, so it was labours idea in the first place. You have to be very naive to actually think any government would honestly try  to send people back to the West indies when they came over in the 60s.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Perthbum said:

It was actually started by labour in 2009 and implemented in 2010, so it was labours idea in the first place. You have to be very naive to actually think any government would honestly try  to send people back to the West indies when they came over in the 60s.

Really? Dexter Bristol spent the last year trying to stop himself getting deported, he lost his job and was unable to get any benefits he moved to the UK in 1968!! It's OK though he died so the government don't need to worry about him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Really? Dexter Bristol spent the last year trying to stop himself getting deported, he lost his job and was unable to get any benefits he moved to the UK in 1968!! It's OK though he died so the government don't need to worry about him.

Not one person has been deported, if he had not died he would still be in the UK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Perthbum said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/01/man-detained-threatened-with-removal-after-52-years-in-the-uk

I think you might need to read. Something more than govt propaganda, note the date of this

15 hours ago, Perthbum said:

It was May who started the hostile environment policy and had poster vans running around London stigmatising anyone who sounded or looked like a migrant, legal or not.

The nasty party indeed, choose a weak, visible group, and blame them for the country’s woes, nothing to do with us it’s all their fault, the methodology of all tyrants, divert attention from your mates ripping the country off with their offshore bank accounts and companies to launder their bonuses thro.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

It was May who started the hostile environment policy and had poster vans running around London stigmatising anyone who sounded or looked like a migrant, legal or not.

The nasty party indeed, choose a weak, visible group, and blame them for the country’s woes, nothing to do with us it’s all their fault, the methodology of all tyrants, divert attention from your mates ripping the country off with their offshore bank accounts and companies to launder their bonuses thro.

Landing card destruction was implemented in 2009 under a Labour government....fact, as much as I hate the Tories and May we must start telling the facts,

On 17/04/2018 at 20:10, Perthbum said:

What you have to realise is that what started out as a necessary policy has been exploited by racist bigots who have got themselves into positions of power and the govt have either encouraged them or have simply  not cared about it, whichever it is this govt have overseen policies which are rooted in racism in order to gain and keep political power.

Too frightened of UKIP and Farage they allowed them to set the tone of this country’s political discourse instead of sqeeuzing it out of political discourse politically and legally, they encouraged it  with  predictable results, it has tainted society now, the country got the leaders it deserved, weak, self serving and mendacious.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

What you have to realise is that what started out as a necessary policy has been exploited by racist bigots who have got themselves into positions of power and the govt have either encouraged them or have simply  not cared about it, whichever it is this govt have overseen policies which are rooted in racism in order to gain and keep political power.

Too frightened of UKIP and Farage they allowed them to set the tone of this country’s political discourse instead of sqeeuzing it out of political discourse politically and legally, they encouraged it  with  predictable results, it has tainted society now, the country got the leaders it deserved, weak, self serving and mendacious.

Far to much immigration for political reasons by Blair and Brown 1997-2010

• Confused 1

Well finally the indulgence in simplistic populist policies to wrest popularity from UKIP is going to bite the nasty party in the bum, they thought they could persecute any immigrants and just get away with it, well they’ve just been caught with their knickers round their ankles and Boris is sniffing around to see if now is his time to make a move. What a bunch.

If it was just this bunch of opportunists going down the pan it wouldn’t matter but they have trashed this country’s reputation and encouraged the growth of a xenophobic , nationalistic subculture which is eating away at our society, aided and abetted by Austerity, a political policy designed to encourage antipathy to anyone designated a “scrounged” by the likes of the Sun, the Mail and the Express.