Recommended hotel for stopover in Singapore with a toddler

Guest Propofol

Guest Propofol

Hi,

Will be travelling to Perth in October and was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel to stay in Singapore with my wife and two-year old, Don't want to break the bank but all opinions welcome please.

Thanks, this forum is great.

Guest Is Venison Dear?

Almost any hotel in Singie will be fine. I was there for 2 years, brill place.

You must eat at the Hawkers though, not the hotel. £2 for the best grub in the world.

Guest brooksey

I agree, with is venison dear, everytime i think of Singapore i wish i was eating at one of the Hawkers markets (chinatown is my favorite). We are stopping in the Furama City centre hotel in sept as it looks like you can walk to the keys and chinatown from there. Knowing how friendly and clean Singapore is i can't imagine that there will be a bad hotel. ps . If you go to the beach take a taxi to the cable cars and go that way . Get a taxi back direct from the beach.

Guest Jodajasa

We stopped at the shangrila on sentosa with our kids 2+4 its a man made resort perfect for kids are you flying singapore airlines?

Guest Propofol

Thanks for all your replies guys. We are flying Singapore Airlines and I've booked us into the Swissotel The Stamford as I'd heard it was good for families and is in the centre.

I shall let you all know how it goes.

I agree, with is venison dear, everytime i think of Singapore i wish i was eating at one of the Hawkers markets (chinatown is my favorite). We are stopping in the Furama City centre hotel in sept as it looks like you can walk to the keys and chinatown from there. Knowing how friendly and clean Singapore is i can't imagine that there will be a bad hotel. ps . If you go to the beach take a taxi to the cable cars and go that way . Get a taxi back direct from the beach.

we stayed at the furama last year,you cant go wrong there, chinatown nearby lovely food,and cheap beer all electrical goods cheap we got 25 nintendo ds games on 1 card for £50

Thanks for all your replies guys. We are flying Singapore Airlines and I've booked us into the Swissotel The Stamford as I'd heard it was good for families and is in the centre.

I shall let you all know how it goes.

We stayed at teh Swissotel with our two littel ones and it was great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dougie & Louise
we stayed at the furama last year,you cant go wrong there, chinatown nearby lovely food,and cheap beer all electrical goods cheap we got 25 nintendo ds games on 1 card for £50

I too have stayed here jeeeeeez 15yrs ago now when i was only 13!! i remember it very well and it was a fantastic place and we walked to most places from here

Dougie

Archived