Advice please

Hi Everyone. I am new to this so any advice would be much appreciated. My hunsband and i are considering the big move. Im a social worker and be works in I.T. we have a 14 month old. I have been advised to apply for the skilled visa and my family can be added to this. I have also been advised to complete the australian social worker skills assessment. I am a little confused about what order we should be doing everything with visas etc. Can anyone help. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Joane, I'm assuming you meaning the 189 skilled independent visa. First things first, how old are you and your husband and how long have you been working in your profession?  If you will be the primary applicant then yes, you will be required to complete a skills assessment with AASW. They are the assessing authority for social workers. Whats your husband's exact field of expertise in IT? 

The 189 visa is the one everyone wants, and you will be up against a lot of other applicants. It's basically a competition of who has more points for the skill select system. There are a few ways of improving your points which is almost mandatory these days to even be in with a chance of being invited for a visa....

But there are lots of visas currently and worthwhile spending some time to browse the home affairs website to get a better understanding of everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both. Husband is an account manager at an IT distribution company. 

I am considering booking a consultation with The Emmigration Group to get some more advice but some people say its a waste of money. Its just quite confusing to know which visa to go for. 

57 minutes ago, Joanne kenyon said:

I am considering booking a consultation with The Emmigration Group to get some more advice but some people say its a waste of money. Its just quite confusing to know which visa to go for. 

Have an initial consultation with one of the MARA agents who post regularly on this site, in the wider scheme of migration any costs will be negligible.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joanne kenyon said:

Just to confirm the advice you were given.   It's right, only one of you needs to qualify for a visa, then your partner and children are approved because of their relationship.  

I agree with Ferrets - contact one of the experienced agents on these forums, like @wrussell. rather than the Emigration Group.  For all I know, they may be a reputable agent - but the only time I've ever heard of them, is when they made legal threats on another forum because someone posted a bad review about them.  That doesn't make me feel good about them!

It's not essential to use an agent, but the migration process is confusing and expensive.  If you get it wrong, you'll have wasted an awful lot of money, so investing in an agent can be a wise move.

Edited by Marisawright

5 hours ago, Joanne kenyon said:

@Marisawright how do I contact an agent on here. I have tried to contact the one you recommended but cant find an option to contact directly? Tia 

You can send a private message - if you go to @wrussell's profile, for instance, you'll see a "message" button.   I think new members may have to post a certain number of posts before they're allowed to do that - so if you can't see the button, you can go to his website.  http://www.pinoyau.com/contact.html

• Thanks 1