Which visa do I enter Australia?

MattReading

My wife and I are living in America and have just found out we are pregnant.  We have decided we want to move to Australia to have the baby and plan on flying there at the end of July 2018.  I need to apply for the partner visa and due to time, will need to apply for it onshore.  I am wondering which visa I need to enter the country.  We will be submitting our application as soon as we arrive.

Why not apply offshore now? Some folk applying in  London (I know you’re not in UK but you’re not in a HR country) have had a turnaround time of around 2 months. Even if you didn’t get it before you planned to leave you could tell your CO you’re going on a tourist visa then nip out of the country just before it’s issued. Onshore applications with all the shenanigans that go with them are taking a couple of years at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Why not apply offshore now? Some folk applying in  London (I know you’re not in UK but you’re not in a HR country) have had a turnaround time of around 2 months. Even if you didn’t get it before you planned to leave you could tell your CO you’re going on a tourist visa then nip out of the country just before it’s issued. Onshore applications with all the shenanigans that go with them are taking a couple of years at the moment.

Yes, applying onshore at present means one is looking at 2 years or more on a Bridging Visa.