Expedition

Ukinoz

Has anyone requested an expedition request or know if anyone. We have been given a notice of intent to cancel our 457 which means I NEED this ASAP. My company has written a letter saying they need me. I just can’t find any details online as to how long it will take or when they will open it etc??? Any info guys?

We are on my fiancé’s a 457 but my company have put me through a 187. The mrs was made redundant so we was hoping that the Pr would be granted by the time the 457 was canceled so it would just overtake that visa and we wouldn’t have to leave. That hasn’t happened and now they have issues a NOICC. Which is fine. But we have also requested expedition of our 187. I’m just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this route? And any timeframe on decisions as there’s nothing on the site. Tia

.The Department claims that widespread  fraud is taking place in  subclass 186 and 187 visas applications. The Department is currently rejecting 30% of Subclass 186 visa applications and 50% of Subclass 187 visa applications. 70% of the current caseload for these visa applications is classified as high risk. 

In these circumstances, there is not much chance of having a187 applicatio expedited.

Check your specific case with an agent as suggested.  I thought if you lodged a valid application before the expiry of your current visa you would get a bridging visa to keep you legal until the new visa was granted.

so did you lodge a valid visa application whilst the 457 was still in force?  And if you did, did you get information about a bridging visa being issues ready to come into force when your 457 ended.  If your 457 is cancelled rather than just expires then it will also cancel the bridging visa. If this is the case you will be given a number of days to leave Australia, you may need to wait overseas for the new visa to be granted.

This does need to be cleared up as any illegal stay will jeopardise your new application. 

We are on my fiancé’s a 457 but my company have put me through a 187. The mrs was made redundant so we was hoping that the Pr would be granted by the time the 457 was canceled so it would just overtake that visa and we wouldn’t have to leave. That hasn’t happened and now they have issues a NOICC. Which is fine. But we have also requested expedition of our 187. I’m just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this route? And any timeframe on decisions as there’s nothing on the site. Tia

All legal and legitimate with a company that has been trading all over the world for 30 years with offices in every state. Also I’m not on a night risk country so hopefully that will help. We will see tho. Usual case of fraudulent people messing the system up for people trying to do the correct thing.

If your company want you to stay then they might be able to do something, otherwise you may need to leave until your visa is granted.  Any chance of another quicker visa for either of you?  Under 31 by any chance? Or another employer to take on 457 for partner.  That might tide you over.

4 hours ago, Ukinoz said:

All legal and legitimate with a company that has been trading all over the world for 30 years with offices in every state. Also I’m not on a night risk country so hopefully that will help. We will see tho. Usual case of fraudulent people messing the system up for people trying to do the correct thing.

No doubt, but there is a huge backlog of cases that is delaying processing for eveyone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/03/2018 at 16:47, Ukinoz said:

EXPEDITION DECLINED. Oh well. Onto BVE. How are the government for granting these lol

You may want to research the implications of a BVE as they are extensive and far reaching.

No work, no travel and resets your Citizenship clock.

Many people think this is fine, until they need to travel for an emergency and cannot.

Hi Raul.

We had the NOICC and we replied within the 5 days with a reasoning as to why it should not be canceled. We have a court case upcoming which we need to be in the country for. This is directly linked to the 457 that we were made redundant on. We have had an auto response stating that once a case officer is allocated a decision will be made. That was over 3 weeks ago. I thought they would be quite quick on this but nothing.

As for the BVE we have been advised that once our 457 is canceled we then apply for the BVE.

We basically have no choice. We have our 187 lodged and has been since July 17. If I leave the country my company will not hold my position therefore the 187 will be no use. So I have to do whatever it takes to stay here. Also, I understand the citizenship but that won’t be possible anyway if I hav ergo leave the country. We really don’t know what to do to be fair but it sounds like it’s our only chance. Unless they make a decision QUICK on BVE.

Has anyone been down this road and experienced such a long wait time on a decision for NOICC?