Adding Family to 457 Visa Help

xkayxwx

Hello, my husband has recently been offered a sponsored position in Oz, his company are approved sponsors. They have agreed to support me and our 2 children on the 457 Visa application on the condition we pay for ourselves (they will be applying and paying for my husband). My questions are:

How much will this cost for the 3 of us as secondary applicants?

Do we apply at the same time?

Will there be any issues with us travelling over there 6 months after him? (He is due to start in April but I have things to arrange over here first so likely follow in October)

Will we need our own private healthcare cover? (His company are paying his)

Anything else I'd need to consider? Can I work out there etc.?

TIA

Hello, my husband has recently been offered a sponsored position in Oz, his company are approved sponsors. They have agreed to support me and our 2 children on the 457 Visa application on the condition we pay for ourselves (they will be applying and paying for my husband). My questions are:
Will there be any issues with us travelling over there 6 months after him? (He is due to start in April but I have things to arrange over here first so likely follow in October)

TIA

Depending on the state and the year level - school fees. Anywhere between $4k and $15k per child pa. Rent out your house and take a career break because it is what it says on the tin - temporary.

Check on the immigration website for costs for visa, I am rather surprised they wouldn't pay for you all though.

You can, with the companies permission be added on later, but it would be simpler to include you all in the initial application.

Yes you can work, though secondary applicants can have issues finding work because they only have a temp visa.

Do make sure you understand what this is though (It will probably be a TSS as the 457 is abolished next month) It comes with a lot of issues. First, it is vital you understand it is temporary and you will be returning at the end of the visa. Next that if he were to lose your job for any reason, you would all have 60 days to find another sponsor or leave the country.

17 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Check on the immigration website for costs for visa, I am rather surprised they wouldn't pay for you all though.

You can, with the companies permission be added on later, but it would be simpler to include you all in the initial application.

Yes you can work, though secondary applicants can have issues finding work because they only have a temp visa.

Do make sure you understand what this is though (It will probably be a TSS as the 457 is abolished next month) It comes with a lot of issues. First, it is vital you understand it is temporary and you will be returning at the end of the visa. Next that if he were to lose your job for any reason, you would all have 60 days to find another sponsor or leave the country.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently they are fast tracking it through so he can get on the 457 4 year visa before it expires? They have been quite insistent we apply asap to avoid the TSS

8 hours ago, xkayxwx said:

It depends on the age of the children. If they are both under 18 the lodgement fee for the three of you will be $1,620.

Preferably.

No.

It is a condition of the visa that each visa hold have appropriate health cover. Reciprocal Medicare will be sufficient if you are eligible.

Yes, lots of things to consider, including logistics of the company doing your husbands application, also including you and the children, but only paying for your husband.

Yes, you will have full work rights.

• Like 1