Using documents from previous visa

Aussiebird

Hi all,

I have printed off all the information i need to know about a partner visa 309/100 recently, including the migration booket which is 60 pages long.

As it can only be applied for online, information i have been reading about the form says documents that need to be attached do not need to be certified.

It doesnt say which documents but the ones i had certified years ago (2011/2012) were documents like my brother and his wifes citizenship certificates, a name change certificate, etc etc..... They were date stamped and some had signatures on.... The visa at that time was granted.

I am in the process of getting everything together to apply for this visa again and i would like to know if i can definitely  use the documents that accompanied my last visa (it was sent by post then).

I dont want to upload everything and then find that the visa is refused or they say i have to get all the documents again.

I have posted previously about this but wou,d really like a definite answer if anyone knows for absolute sure.

Thanks and kind regards. :)

16 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi all,

I have printed off all the information i need to know about a partner visa 309/100 recently, including the migration booket which is 60 pages long.

As it can only be applied for online, information i have been reading about the form says documents that need to be attached do not need to be certified.

It doesnt say which documents but the ones i had certified years ago (2011/2012) were documents like my brother and his wifes citizenship certificates, a name change certificate, etc etc..... They were date stamped and some had signatures on.... The visa at that time was granted.

I am in the process of getting everything together to apply for this visa again and i would like to know if i can definitely  use the documents that accompanied my last visa (it was sent by post then).

I dont want to upload everything and then find that the visa is refused or they say i have to get all the documents again.

I have posted previously about this but wou,d really like a definite answer if anyone knows for absolute sure.

Thanks and kind regards. :)

They don't need to be certified, but if they have been, then it doesn't matter. 

59 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

They don't need to be certified, but if they have been, then it doesn't matter. 

Thanks Nemesis for your reply but it's more the fact I think the certified documents I have, have got dates on from 5+ years ago which doesn't make them a current document, I'm worried this will be a problem when the application is looked at by a C/O. Personally as you say, why should it matter if they are certified anyway??

IIRC full colour scans do not need to be certified. 

How can a name change certificate or some such go out of date? If they are the genuine document, does it matter if they are over 5 years old? 

You are going the partner visa (well your husband is) route over the RRV it seems. Did you seek a consult with an agent re the RRV? Many offer a free consult so you can run your case past them. 

Anyways, if its the partner visa and you are struggling, I don't know what else I can suggest. Your official documents if they are all originals can be colour scanned and uploaded. You are asking about certifying being out of date but if they are originals, how can they be out of date. You can use them if colour scanning them as has been said above.

ETA - I really can't work out exactly what you are doing. Do you have copies of the originals and a stamp etc on those copies as being certified as a true copy of said document? And planning to upload those? Or do you have the actual original document (ie original birth cert, passport, citizenship certificate etc). If so are they not clean? When I had my documents certified for a postal application going back a few years it was copied in black and white and the copies certified and sent in. The original documents were untouched by the person stamping and signing off on them. If I was applying now online I'd be uploading the original documents in colour scans, no copies or certified copy of anything. Just the scans of the original documents. 

17 hours ago, snifter said:

You are going the partner visa (well your husband is) route over the RRV it seems. Did you seek a consult with an agent re the RRV? Many offer a free consult so you can run your case past them. 

Anyways, if its the partner visa and you are struggling, I don't know what else I can suggest. Your official documents if they are all originals can be colour scanned and uploaded. You are asking about certifying being out of date but if they are originals, how can they be out of date. You can use them if colour scanning them as has been said above.

ETA - I really can't work out exactly what you are doing. Do you have copies of the originals and a stamp etc on those copies as being certified as a true copy of said document? And planning to upload those? Or do you have the actual original document (ie original birth cert, passport, citizenship certificate etc). If so are they not clean? When I had my documents certified for a postal application going back a few years it was copied in black and white and the copies certified and sent in. The original documents were untouched by the person stamping and signing off on them. If I was applying now online I'd be uploading the original documents in colour scans, no copies or certified copy of anything. Just the scans of the original documents. 

The original documents were untouched but coloured, certified copies with stamps/dates of the original documents were sent in with the posted application at the time. So it looks like all of the original documents can be scanned and uploaded as you say. I did send a message to an agent on here but they didn't even bother to reply, which is so annoying. Anyway, I think because we're not going for a few years, even if he did apply for a RRV he may only be granted 1 Year or nothing at all I'm guessing, I think the longer your out of Australia, the less likely he will be granted the RRV? I appreciate your reply anyway, thank you. :)

If you are not going for a few years I'm not sure its worth applying for a partner visa at present. The only plus side in doing so now is the cost is what it is and will possibly only increase over time. Also the requirements for the sponsor may alter a bit or the entire application.

However, your husband will have to validate if he lodges now and its granted in the near future. So if you don't intend to move for a few years, factor in him needing a trip to Aus to validate after the visa is granted. He'll only have a limited amount of time in which to validate. And then that set time in which to actually move to Aus permanently. 

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I'm thoroughly confused, Aussiebird.  I assume you're Australian and you're applying for a partner visa so your oh can live in Australia with you - but you won't need it for a few years?   Why not wait until you need it?

Yes I'm the Australian one and O/H is applying for the visa. I'm quite an organised person and working out time frame to save for the visa, so I'm just preparing certain thing for it in advance, when money saved up then will start the actual application. A bit premature but it will only be next year he applies, not in a few years time. I havent got totally everything prepared yet so I think I will slow it down, I'm just so keen to get things moving but as snifter says, the visa is likely to go up in price and I have read the sponsor side of it may change. By the time he applies, it's granted and he has made the trip to validate, it won't be long before we make the move so I'm just slowly preparing :)

Edited by Aussiebird