Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

you are eligible to apply for 887 visa while you are waiting for the 489 bridging visa.?

could you explain it a little bit more?

One more thing, we cannot add applicant(not 489) directly  to 887 visa?isn't it?

Everyone should have 489 while applying for 887 .isn it?

Why don't they provide pre-grants instead of delaying?

21 hours ago, akhil_john said:

you are eligible to apply for 887 visa while you are waiting for the 489 bridging visa.?

could you explain it a little bit more?

One more thing, we cannot add applicant(not 489) directly  to 887 visa?isn't it?

Everyone should have 489 while applying for 887 .isn it?

Why don't they provide pre-grants instead of delaying?

1) While you are waiting for 489 visa grant, you are eligible to apply for 887 visa as long as you fulfill the 2 years residential and 1 year full time working requirement. 

2) You can't simply add your dependent on the 887 visa. Everyone need to hold 489 visa in order to apply for 887 visa. The cost of subsequent entry for 489 visa is $4,045. 

So if the primary applicant already meet the 2 years residential 1 year full time work requirement, the secondary applicant can also apply for 887 visa at the same time while he/she is waiting for 489 visa grant. 

Don't understand your last question about the pre-grant. Pre-grant is given for 887 visa holders in case they are not in Australia at the time of the decision is being made. It's not related to the 489 visa.

Edited by Kevin Kim

2 hours ago, Kevin Kim said:

1) While you are waiting for 489 visa grant in Australia, you are eligible to apply for 887 visa as long as you fulfill the 2 years residential and 1 year full time working requirement. 

2) You can't simply add your dependent on the 887 visa. Everyone need to hold 489 visa in order to apply for 887 visa. The cost of subsequent entry for 489 visa is $4,045. 

So if the primary applicant already meet the 2 years residential 1 year full time work requirement, the secondary applicant can also apply for 887 visa at the same time while he/she is waiting for 489 visa grant. 

Don't understand your last question about the pre-grant. Pre-grant is given for 887 visa holders in case they are not in Australia at the time of the decision is being made. It's not related to the 489 visa.

• 1 month later...
On 21/05/2020 at 11:47, Kevin Kim said:

Thanks. mate. I think we are really on the same boat.

When I submitted all my documents, in order to reduce the visa processing time, I created separate file that I would like to pay the VAC2 payment for my wife as she doesn't have a functional English test result. After this pandemic, my wife studied and passed the functional English level and I submitted the English and I updated her English test and notified immigration that she passed and does not want to pay the VAC2 payment accordingly. 

Anyway, let's see when they grant the visa. Please share your case update once you get any further notifications from the immigration. 

Hi, 

Can you please clarify that do I need 4.5 in ielts oerall or each. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I had applied for my wife's visa on 9th of January this year. CO contact on 20th Jan requesting some additional proofs for relationship. Submitted docs within 3 weeks and haven't heard back since then.

I also tried for exemption recently. Interestingly reason to reject the application was given to be safety of community. They didn't said that she don't have visa. 

Did anyone tried for same?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, JAY PATEL said:

Hi everyone,

I had applied for my wife's visa on 9th of January this year. CO contact on 20th Jan requesting some additional proofs for relationship. Submitted docs within 3 weeks and haven't heard back since then.

I also tried for exemption recently. Interestingly reason to reject the application was given to be safety of community. They didn't said that she don't have visa. 

Did anyone tried for same?

Thanks.

I read an interesting post about the one lady working as a nurse in her home country. She is waiting for her 489 subsequent visa outside of Australia and applied for the travel exemption and it was approved. Interestingly, her visa was also approved a few days later. So, I think the your wife case is pretty common thing. If your exemption application was approved, your wife would get the visa straight away. I also applied for my wife 489 exactly 2 months behind you, and I already fulfilled the 887 visa requirement 18th of June, just wasting my time. 😞 

12 hours ago, Kevin Kim said:

I read an interesting post about the one lady working as a nurse in her home country. She is waiting for her 489 subsequent visa outside of Australia and applied for the travel exemption and it was approved. Interestingly, her visa was also approved a few days later.

Doctors and nurses are being given exemptions at the moment, unlike most other people, because Australia welcomes them to help deal with Covid.

On 02/09/2020 at 19:06, Kevin Kim said:

I read an interesting post about the one lady working as a nurse in her home country. She is waiting for her 489 subsequent visa outside of Australia and applied for the travel exemption and it was approved. Interestingly, her visa was also approved a few days later. So, I think the your wife case is pretty common thing. If your exemption application was approved, your wife would get the visa straight away. I also applied for my wife 489 exactly 2 months behind you, and I already fulfilled the 887 visa requirement 18th of June, just wasting my time. 😞 

That is really frustrating. I will also be eligible for 887 in December but won't be able to apply if she is not here. Have you tried contacting immigration department regarding this? 

On 03/09/2020 at 07:50, Marisawright said:

Doctors and nurses are being given exemptions at the moment, unlike most other people, because Australia welcomes them to help deal with Covid.

I agree with Marisa. They have listed down some professions which are prioritized at the moment, the link is attached below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/pmsol

so if anyone falls under category listed in above link they will be granted exemption and visa immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/09/2020 at 08:45, JAY PATEL said:

That is really frustrating. I will also be eligible for 887 in December but won't be able to apply if she is not here. Have you tried contacting immigration department regarding this? 

I agree with Marisa. They have listed down some professions which are prioritized at the moment, the link is attached below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/pmsol

so if anyone falls under category listed in above link they will be granted exemption and visa immediately.

It's nothing against to the migration act, we are just innocent victims. I have been wasting my time since June 2020, but there are still many people have been waiting since 2019, September is the worst case I know. Luckily, the amendment was published recently the immigration will save those people who was not able to lodge 887 visa by waiting their spouse and expired their 489 visa. There is nothing we can do at this moment. Hopefully, I can hear that those 2019 visa applicants grant their spouse's 489 SE grant shortly.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is Komal.

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa (offshore) on the 8th April 2020. I have also submitted my medical, PCC, and all other relationship proof documents. 

Now it has been 6 months without any update on the same.

Has anyone recently received any grant? Or any update from the CO?

Thanks.

On 09/10/2020 at 15:55, Komalkoli said:

Hi, this is Komal.

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa (offshore) on the 8th April 2020. I have also submitted my medical, PCC, and all other relationship proof documents. 

Thanks.

Hi Komal, 

I applied in Late August for same visa. 

Can you please let me know if you hear anything or any update on visa?

Thanks

On 10/10/2020 at 08:40, akhil_john said:

we should submit the petition to MPs and complaints.

We should come together and do something

They may make amendments to 887.

let's try 

We all stuck otherwise 

Hi, 

Lets do it , file the petition. 

Wait is too long to get SE visa for the spouse. 

Thanks 

On 09/10/2020 at 15:55, Komalkoli said:

Hi, this is Komal.

Thanks.

What's your visa application status? Further assessment, or just received?? 

22 hours ago, Komalkoli said:

Hi Kevin,

My visa application has a status of 'received' from the past 6 months.

I applied for 1 month earlier than you (9th of March 2020) and medical test was required by 13th of March and have no contact since then, but my status is further assessment.

As we can see a few people received visa grant since last week, let's stay positive.  

55 minutes ago, Kevin Kim said:

Congrats, Vick. When was your wife got last contact before? Is she working in the critical sector like a nurse? 

Thanks Kevin . Last contact was in November 2019. She is working as a register nurse

2 hours ago, Kevin Kim said:

I applied for 1 month earlier than you (9th of March 2020) and medical test was required by 13th of March and have no contact since then, but my status is further assessment.

As we can see a few people received visa grant since last week, let's stay positive.  

Thank you Kevin. It's great to hear that people have been receiving grants.

However, do you know someone who has received a grant and is not on the critical occupation list?