Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

3 hours ago, Vick said:

How I apply travel exemption for her . She is working as register nurse . Any one have knowledge about travel exemption thanks 

Hi Vick,

First of all congratulation. One question only, Is there any date given on the visa that holder need to enter Australia by so or so date?

Now coming to exemption, You can apply for one using the link given below:

https://travel-exemptions.homeaffairs.gov.au/tep

Now few points when you apply,

Choose critical skills category,

Provide evidence of her experience in nursing sector. You can add her assessment of skills if you have procured. You can also add her experience letter. Apart from that you will need to provide few more documents like her visa and passport details etc. You can find required document in Immigration department website. Look for Travel Restrictions in website.

In explanation, Explain how she can be helpful in pandemic situation in Australia by providing front line services immediately after arriving to Australia.

Also explain that you need her here to support you after being separated for a very long time.  

You might not get exemption on the first try. Keep trying, your wife being Registered Nurse there are very good chance you won't have apply for too many times. Every time you apply just add some more details and add some more emotions that you feel.

If you need some more help let me know.

Good luck,

Jay

Edited by JAY PATEL
additional information

29 minutes ago, JAY PATEL said:

Hi Vick,

First of all congratulation. One question only, Is there any date given on the visa that holder need to enter Australia by so or so date?

Now coming to exemption, You can apply for one using the link given below:

https://travel-exemptions.homeaffairs.gov.au/tep

Now few points when you apply,

Choose critical skills category,

Provide evidence of her experience in nursing sector. You can add her assessment of skills if you have procured. You can also add her experience letter. Apart from that you will need to provide few more documents like her visa and passport details etc. You can find required document in Immigration department website. Look for Travel Restrictions in website.

In explanation, Explain how she can be helpful in pandemic situation in Australia by providing front line services immediately after arriving to Australia.

Also explain that you need her here to support you after being separated for a very long time.  

You might not get exemption on the first try. Keep trying, your wife being Registered Nurse there are very good chance you won't have apply for too many times. Every time you apply just add some more details and add some more emotions that you feel.

If you need some more help let me know.

Good luck,

Jay

Thanks Jay . First entry date is 19 October 2021

Hello Everyone,

I am a silent follower of this group.

Today I received 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife.

Timeline:

Visa applied: 27/02/2020

Document requested: 28/02/2020 (All updated and medical done in march)

Grant: 27/10/2020

Thanks for all the updates.

Hope everyone gets their grant soon. 

1 minute ago, Joe T J said:

Hello Everyone,

I am a silent follower of this group.

Today I received 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife.

Timeline:

Visa applied: 27/02/2020

Document requested: 28/02/2020 (All updated and medical done in march)

Grant: 27/10/2020

Thanks for all the updates.

Hope everyone gets their grant soon. 

489 Offshore

50 minutes ago, Komalkoli said:

Hi Joe, congratulations on the grant. That's a very positive news for all of us who are waiting.

As I'm also hearing that people with critical skill have been getting exemptions, so does your wife have a critical skill?  

Yes she is a nurse. But she don't have Australian nursing registration. Today I applied for exemption under critical skills. Now the status is under consideration. Just waiting.......

But I can check her visa details on vevo. I heard before that we cannot check unless it is exempted. Any idea

2 minutes ago, Joe T J said:

Yes she is a nurse. But she don't have Australian nursing registration. Today I applied for exemption under critical skills. Now the status is under consideration. Just waiting.......

But I can check her visa details on vevo. I heard before that we cannot check unless it is exempted. Any idea

https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login

Please check on this website.

Important notice

Strict travel restrictions are in place for certain countries due to COVID-19. You should not apply for any visa until checking the latest information.

If you are an immediate family member of either an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible to apply for a Visitor Visa (Subclass 600).

If your visa was granted after 1 February 2020 and you are affected by the current travel restrictions, you will not be able to check your visa details and conditions using Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) until the restrictions are lifted. You should refer to your visa grant letter or check here in ImmiAccount.

5 hours ago, Joe T J said:

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply.

Although, I do not have any idea on the exemption part. Previously there have been some post regarding your query, you can check on them incase they are of any help. 

Congratulations once again.

On 09/10/2020 at 15:55, Komalkoli said:

Hi, this is Komal.

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa (offshore) on the 8th April 2020. I have also submitted my medical, PCC, and all other relationship proof documents. 

Now it has been 6 months without any update on the same.

Has anyone recently received any grant? Or any update from the CO?

Thanks.

My wife got offshore 489 SE visa grant on 27.10.2020 

She applied for her visa on 9th of March 2020 

Co contact  13th of March 2020 

Lodge complaint through the global feedback 19th of Oct 2020 

Visa grant : 27th of Oct 2020 

My wife doesn't have university degree and just working as food and beverage attendant in her home country and never been to Australia. 

Stay positive, your turn must be coming shortly too. I have one friend who applied for same visa on 13th of March and received visa grant same day with me. 

Looking forward to hearing a good news from you. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2020 at 08:05, Kevin Kim said:

My wife got offshore 489 SE visa grant on 27.10.2020 

She applied for her visa on 9th of March 2020 

Co contact  13th of March 2020 

Lodge complaint through the global feedback 19th of Oct 2020 

Visa grant : 27th of Oct 2020 

My wife doesn't have university degree and just working as food and beverage attendant in her home country and never been to Australia. 

Stay positive, your turn must be coming shortly too. I have one friend who applied for same visa on 13th of March and received visa grant same day with me. 

Looking forward to hearing a good news from you. 

Wow, that's great news. Congratulations to both of you. 

Hoping for the same in my case... I Will let you know once I get any update. 

Thank you so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

I have finally got good news. Sorry this is late but was stuck with some work.

Visa Application lodge: 09.01.2020

Co Contact: 20.01.2020 asking for more evidence on relationship

Exemption Granted: 22.09.2020 on critical skill basis (Critical skills of main applicant not subsequent)

Co Contact again: 21.10.2020 asking the same documents again even when uploaded in immiaccount.

Visa grant: 13.11.2020

I might have contacted department for more then 15 times (I actually have lost the count) to request to expedite application after exemption was granted. But finally I got visa. Hopefully if everything goes fine she will come to Australia on 25.11.2020.  

I truly hope nobody will have to suffer this much and waiting for good news for you guys. 

Thank you so much for the support and valuable information you all have shared.

Thank you again,

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...