Frozen Potato Croquettes

Dec05

Seasons greetings all

Bit of a funny question, but has anyone seen frozen potato croquettes for sale any where ?

The only bit of Xmas dinner the kids enjoy each year is the M&S frozen croquettes (!) but I just checked online and Coles & Woolies dont have them.

I'd rather not make them if at all possible so wondering if anyone can help ??

Thanks and have a wonderful holiday

• Like 1

The ones Tink mentions are like the US Tater tots. Not anything like a croquette alas. I've tried them :( They are smaller, more crunchy and no real fluffy potato on the inside. However, kids seem to like them and I use them when I make the TV dinner type thing (fish fingers and the like). I'm not sure I'd put them with a Christmas lunch but if things are desperate, give them a whirl. 

They are not difficult to make from scratch and iirc can be made the day before and then warmed up in the oven. 

Or forgo the Christmas dinner as you used to have it in the UK and make a new one here. Cooking and then eating a roast in 35C isn't always a great idea. We don't usually have the appetite on a hot day for such a meal and we end up doing something much lighter. 

......... never tried them tbh

.........I make my own

.........and agree with snifter

.........we find a hot English Christmas dinner a little too heavy in the heat

.........sea food is a popular choice

........lots of fresh salads ....

.........and an ice cream Christmas pud is a refreshing alternative ime

.........to a hot one with custard

.........merry Christmas..!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions - I saw those ones in Woolies alright but my kids like the crumb outside apparently.

I'm not doing a traditional dinner, too hot !!. Going to have ham, salads, melon, pavlova - yum yum.

But the kids mentioned last night how much they loooove croquettes and its the only part of the dinner they like. So I thought I'd pick up a few. We don't miss any products or foods from home at all, enjoying the new diversity actually. So typical that the one thing I'm looking for isn't available :)

Thanks again, really looking forward to it now !!

• Like 1

On 12/24/2017 at 10:32, Eera said:

I bought a packet of "pommes" in Woolies yesterday.  They seem to be the same as croquettes from what I remember.  They are in a yellow box with the frozen chips

My dd love the Pommes, they are round though unlike croquettes but as you say similar consistency.

@Dec05 how did you go? and did you find a substitute for the kids?

Cal x

• Like 1

Hi,

So here is the update....

I got these from Woolies - pommes noisettes

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/4961/birds-eye-pommes-noisettes

They were much smaller and crunchy on the outside rather than a crumb, but the kids loved them, so a winner :)

I'll get the Aldi ones the next time I'm shopping there, just to see - and complete my review :P:P

Thanks for all the ideas everyone, it was very helpful.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

• Like 1