Trying to sell house still

Beckfield

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[mention=264545]Jay2016[/mention], my advice would be if you WANT to move to Australia then do it but don't do it just because you can. 

Well that's the thing. If I'm being honest I'd be doing the Move just because i can. Not because I hanker for the 'life style'.
So my reasons are not Strong ones for going.
(I don't have a strong magnetic attraction for going, neither am I running away from something) BUT as people will tell you "you only get one life/life's too short/don't like it then easy to come back.
If I can take a month off work for a Reconnaissance mission then perhaps that'll get it out of my system (stay or go)
Thanks for replies as always. J

2 hours ago, Jay2016 said:

Marisa thank you so so much for your reply (you've given me some dutch courage) without the Dutch. What do you do for a living???

When you say "we see so many potential migrants here" are you a migration agent?

No I'm not an agent, just someone who's spent a fair amount of time on the forums. 

I arrived in Australia 30 years ago, when you could walk off the plane and straight into a job, and housing was cheap.  I worry about families making the move now, because it's not unusual to take several months to find a job, and shipping a houseful of furniture is so expensive, they can really struggle.   For singletons it's not that much of an issue though

No I'm not an agent, just someone who's spent a fair amount of time on the forums. 
I arrived in Australia 30 years ago, when you could walk off the plane and straight into a job, and housing was cheap.  I worry about families making the move now, because it's not unusual to take several months to find a job, and shipping a houseful of furniture is so expensive, they can really struggle.   For singletons it's not that much of an issue though

What's your story ? I prefer this thread rather than the other I just responded on lol

17 hours ago, Jay2016 said:

Hi Skani thanks for your reply, I very much enjoy Kitesurfing which I tried last year (apparently Essex where I live is the best place for beginners in Europe! Who'd have thought that lol) plus I'm a Padi scuba diver when on holiday only (don't do cold!) Plus thinking of more airborne activities so unlike there UK there could be 52 weeks of the year to do all that in Oz lol..... Or if it's too hot stay in for movie emoji327.png night which I also like. Plus think I'd be looking for temporary work only so could meet people that way too and more of them! Plus I'm there funniest person in there office generally so that might help (but usually not very politically correct haha) Then again I do like my own company too, so looked you said find those clubs! Or get a cat

You only live once mate. Do it. What have you got to lose bar a little cash?

If you don't like it you can always return.

Archived