Friend submitted PR partner visa but not together

Sarad

Hi all,

im new here and wanted some advice. One of my best friends has the first part of the partner visa (temp) and had been with her boyfriend for 5 years. She has just submitted her PR part of the partner visa which I wrote a stat dec for confirming she was in a relationship etc etc. She has just told me that they have broken up but they agreed to not say anything as she has a job and life here etc.

i have two questions...

1) I wrote her a stat dec for her second part PR visa but at the date it was written they were in a relationship - I was not lying when I wrote this but could this come back on me if they do find out they are no longer together??

2) would you say anything regarding them not being together? I feel it is really wrong but she’s my best friend and will be my bridesmaid at my upcoming wedding. 

Thanks in advance

Sara

Edited by Sarad

I am not a lawyer but if you made a stat dec which was wholly honest at the time you wrote it then I cannot see how you could be held to any account for that.

If it were me then I would definitely not say anything.  It is your friends responsibility to advise immi, not yours.  If she does not and there are consequences she alone will face those consequences.

I am not sure why you are even considering taking such steps.  Do you consider that this is such a major criminal act that it warrants ending your friendship?

8 hours ago, Sarad said:

Hi all,

im new here and wanted some advice. One of my best friends has the first part of the partner visa (temp) and had been with her boyfriend for 5 years. She has just submitted her PR part of the partner visa which I wrote a stat dec for confirming she was in a relationship etc etc. She has just told me that they have broken up but they agreed to not say anything as she has a job and life here etc.

i have two questions...

1) I wrote her a stat dec for her second part PR visa but at the date it was written they were in a relationship - I was not lying when I wrote this but could this come back on me if they do find out they are no longer together??

2) would you say anything regarding them not being together? I feel it is really wrong but she’s my best friend and will be my bridesmaid at my upcoming wedding. 

Thanks in advance

Sara

If you say something to immigration I hope your wedding is within 28 days or you will be looking for a new bridesmaid, as your friend's visa will be cancelled and she will be sent home, no job or life in oz anymore. Do you want the friendship to end like that.............

Your friend and her partner are both obligated to notify DIBP of the breakdown of their relationship.  After that it's up to DIBP to decide how to handle things and if/when her existing visa would be cancelled.  That wouldn't take place within 28 days since DIBP would first give her a chance to comment on the relationship status and why they shouldn't cancel the visa and they'd give her time to respond.

Part of why visas are expensive and take so long to process is that DIBP has to deal with people who attempt to get their visas through fraud, which is exactly what your friend is trying to do.  There are a lot of forum members who suffer due to the costs/time involved and they have genuine relationships.  Your friendship shouldn't rely on you both lying to the federal government.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samson said:

Who needs enemies, when people have friends like you.. 

thats not very nice!  The girl is not saying she is going to do anything, just making sure she will not get into trouble for making a stat dec, and clearly worried that she would be involved in a visa fraud(wouldn't you be?), and asking other peoples opinions!

Edited by AJ