Getting really excited

Lady Tottington

So the flights are booked for end of November, notice is in at work, told the realestate agents we are breaking the lease (gave them 5 weeks notice they have someone lined up to take over). Selling stuff on gumtree like no tomora, kids have places at local school, registered with nhs dentist, other half starts new job week after we land, got a car sorted, shippers booked, gosh its happened so quickly but to be honest its nice that we don't have time to think, just need to get moving.

Eeeek YORKSHIRE Im coming HOME [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

Yes I had no central heating. Large open plan living area, freezing in winter

Brrrrr!  That's the downside of open plan if not heated.

I don't like being too warm.  I'm always on the go here and would get too warm with thermals I think.  I have a nice warm padded jacket thing for the winter and after 15 minutes or so out walking I have to take it off - not if the wind is blowing though - freezing wind off the mountains.   Nice mild weather is here now though.

How are you settling in now you've been back a few months?

23 hours ago, Toots said:

Brrrrr!  That's the downside of open plan if not heated.

I don't like being too warm.  I'm always on the go here and would get too warm with thermals I think.  I have a nice warm padded jacket thing for the winter and after 15 minutes or so out walking I have to take it off - not if the wind is blowing though - freezing wind off the mountains.   Nice mild weather is here now though.

How are you settling in now you've been back a few months?

Still sorting out a house, you forget how long everything takes. The dogs are loving it, squirrels, rabbits and parks where they can run about. I miss the sun but not the heat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

Still sorting out a house, you forget how long everything takes. The dogs are loving it, squirrels, rabbits and parks where they can run about. I miss the sun but not the heat.

Best to be really fussy about which house you end up in.  It's a big investment and you have to be very happy with what you choose.

I thought about your two dogs the other day when I saw a little Scottie out and about.  Don't see many of them here - lots of West Highlands and Cairn Terriers though.

16 minutes ago, Toots said:

Best to be really fussy about which house you end up in.  It's a big investment and you have to be very happy with what you choose.

I thought about your two dogs the other day when I saw a little Scottie out and about.  Don't see many of them here - lots of West Highlands and Cairn Terriers though.

The house is a challenge as I don't like any I have seen, middle England suburbia can't match Sydney style wise. Once mum has gone I will revaluate and probably move nearer the coast. I told her I would be teed off if she kicks the bucket just after I buy a house near her!

Westies have always been more popular,  I saw lots in  Sydney far more than over here. They have terrible skin problems with the heat. I have noticed the dogs ears are much better over here no need to clean them, the cooler climate is much better for them.

1 hour ago, ScottieGirl said:

The house is a challenge as I don't like any I have seen, middle England suburbia can't match Sydney style wise. Once mum has gone I will revaluate and probably move nearer the coast. I told her I would be teed off if she kicks the bucket just after I buy a house near her!

Westies have always been more popular,  I saw lots in  Sydney far more than over here. They have terrible skin problems with the heat. I have noticed the dogs ears are much better over here no need to clean them, the cooler climate is much better for them.

What about dogs such as huskies, St Bernards and Newfoundlands in the heat.  They must be miserable.

• Like 1