Greater (?) Manchester

Guest jchrisj

Guest jchrisj

There seem's to be quite a few pio's wanabe's in and around Manchester, heywood, bury etc etc ( wont say greater as cant think whats great about the place).

Do any of you fancy starting a monthly meeting, for drinks and generall chat somewhere where kids will be welcome.

Any favorite or recomended venues?

We are luckier than most as wife born in oz so we dont have the usual visa dillema's, But would love to meet likeminded people and maybe develop friendship that can carry over to oz when we all get there.

Let me now and if there is enough interest we will arrange something.:cool:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gothicqueen

ooh that sounds like a good idea......... we are in Audenshaw so not too far from Oldham (I work at Oldham probation 2 days a week too)

Come on you manchester lot lets have a knees up! LOL

Guest giggles

Hi Guys

well what a fab idea, we are well up for it we live in eccles there is me Tricia 40, Paul 33, Jordan 7 and Lily-Mae 8 months,

We move out of our home on friday 4th july just sold in nick of time, moving into a rental for 3 months just waiting to get our hands on that visa and we are off. Queensland here we come

look forward to seeing you all soon hopefully.

Regrds Tricia

There seem's to be quite a few pio's wanabe's in and around Manchester, heywood, bury etc etc ( wont say greater as cant think whats great about the place).

Do any of you fancy starting a monthly meeting, for drinks and generall chat somewhere where kids will be welcome.

Any favorite or recomended venues?

We are luckier than most as wife born in oz so we dont have the usual visa dillema's, But would love to meet likeminded people and maybe develop friendship that can carry over to oz when we all get there.

Let me now and if there is enough interest we will arrange something.:cool:

Would be good. we are in Oldham too...Shaw.:yes:

Guest jchrisj
Does the invite stretch to someone from "over the border" in Halifax.....Manchester is so close to use really.......:goofy:

Only if you swear alleagance to the red rose....................Gods own!!!!

Only Joking, The More the merrier

Chris x x x

Guest jchrisj

Right there seems to be some interest, Does anyone have a sugestion as to a venue, I want it to be kid friendly as it wouldnt be fair to ignore them.

What about the Clayton Green Oldham. Its a brewers fayre,Pub, Restraunt and has an indoor soft play area for the Kids. Its about 2 minutes from the oldham junction on the M62 (i think its junction 20). so should be pretty easy for everyone to find.

Im not fussy if its too far for some to travel, if there are any other sugestions please feel free to let us know. We can have a different venue for each pi@+ up, (sorry meant meeting).

If thats agreeable to everyone, all we need is a date and time.

Here is a link for the clayton. Brewers Fayre | Restaurants | Clayton Green

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

G'day

Guest northernstar200

Hi there. Just wondering if me and my family could come, we live in Stalybridge, not far from Oldham at all, and are the beginning of our long journey to oz.

Us is Tracy (Nurse), Andy ( van driver), Bethany who's 11 going on 18, and Jasmine who's 9.

Guest gothicqueen
Right there seems to be some interest, Does anyone have a sugestion as to a venue, I want it to be kid friendly as it wouldnt be fair to ignore them.

What about the Clayton Green Oldham. Its a brewers fayre,Pub, Restraunt and has an indoor soft play area for the Kids. Its about 2 minutes from the oldham junction on the M62 (i think its junction 20). so should be pretty easy for everyone to find.

Im not fussy if its too far for some to travel, if there are any other sugestions please feel free to let us know. We can have a different venue for each pi@+ up, (sorry meant meeting).

If thats agreeable to everyone, all we need is a date and time.

Here is a link for the clayton. Brewers Fayre | Restaurants | Clayton Green

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

G'day

that sounds good, do you have a date in mind?

I need cheering up at the moment so sooner rather than later! :jiggy:

Guest gothicqueen

that sounds good to me, how about everyone else?

I mean for sunday LOL, would have said yes tonight but got to go to sons new school to buy uniform Oh joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jchrisj

I have put it on the PIOz calender, Can anyone that wants to come let us know if they are comming, just so we can harrang some seats.

ALL and EVERYONE welcome, doesnt matter where your from or your circumstances. We are all chassing a common goal, life in Oz.

The more people there are, the more conversations there will be.

And being Oldham, it WILL rain. fnar fnar.

There have been people asking if they can come from Halifax and stalyvegas (that's a localism), ALL welcome, please come along, it will be nice to put faces to names.

We look forward to meeting everyone.

Chris, Cher,Callum (9) and Kira(4)

x x x x x x x:radar:

Guest Guest1

we would love to come but unsure about sun 6th july depends on definate time and place as i am working some hrs but can be flexible to a point

were too hoping to head out to brisbane

regards Daz+Gill

Guest jchrisj
Don't forget to wear a PIO sticker so you know whose who!

Ali

Where do we get them from then?

Chris

You're gonna have to make them Chris lol. Buy some plain labels and write everyones name on them. if you can get hold of an aussie flag too - so when people come into the pub - they'll know who you are!

Ali

Guest jchrisj

Just a quick reminder to everyone, That the Manchester 1st Meeting of pio is this Sunday (6th Jully), At the Clayton Green pub/restraunt/kids play area in Oldham at 3pm.

Please let us know if you are comming.

Look Forward to seeing everyone:radar:

Chris

Guest jchrisj

Just to let you know, from the car park, as you walk in the front door of the clayton green, on your right there are seats and tables for drinking (not dinning). We will be sat there.

Mum, dad, and the 2 kids might just be running round causing chaos......................Nothing new there then!

We look forward to meeting any that come for a chat, the more the merrier.

here is a link for directions Brewers Fayre | Restaurants | Clayton Green

Cheers

Chris, Cher, Callum (9) and Kira (4):radar:

Archived