187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

2 hours ago, Gazza89 said:

Hi guys
I applied 187 dec 2017 as motor mechanic then same company another guys who applied 187 as motor mechanic after 4 months . Last week he got his visa with in 12 months and I’m still waiting from 16 months. Do you guys have any clue why is that?
Thanks

Hi there

From my observation. People who applied 187 after 3/2018 which under the new policy may have shorter waiting time.

The processing time on immi web site on 3/2017 was 17-20 months. On 4/2017 became to 21-23 and it has never decreased under 20 month.

4 hours ago, Gazza89 said:

Hi guys
I applied 187 dec 2017 as motor mechanic then same company another guys who applied 187 as motor mechanic after 4 months . Last week he got his visa with in 12 months and I’m still waiting from 16 months. Do you guys have any clue why is that?
Thanks

Gazza this must be so frustrating...it seem like they are just picking random files... first I thought it was a few states that were getting processed quicker...but after reading ur post it's clear that random files are being chosen

Hi guys 

It has been about 13 months since I lodged my visa as a cook. I’ve got requested for medical checkup 2 days ago, but my colleague who lodged visa before me has his nomination rejected 4 days ago. 

I thought my nomination will be rejected as well but I got requested for medical so I got really confused.  Do you think my nomination is safe or not? 

IS THERE ANYONE that had their medical check and then got the nomination refused? 

When CO is assigned? Do you think the person who send me the “s56 request for more information” is my CO? When CO is assigned, can I tell my nomination is passed? I thought they only request further information when the nomination is cleared. 

My immiaccount says the status is still “recieved” .  No “initial assessment” or “further assessment”. 

I’m really worried that my nomination will be rejected after paying $hundreds for medical check. 

Is it possible for my nomination to be clear when the other nomination is recently rejected at the same workplace? 

Give me some thoughts please! 

Cheers

27 minutes ago, Xoxo86 said:

Hi guys 

It has been about 13 months since I lodged my visa as a cook. I’ve got requested for medical checkup 2 days ago, but my colleague who lodged visa before me has his nomination rejected 4 days ago. 

I thought my nomination will be rejected as well but I got requested for medical so I got really confused.  Do you think my nomination is safe or not? 

IS THERE ANYONE that had their medical check and then got the nomination refused? 

When CO is assigned? Do you think the person who send me the “s56 request for more information” is my CO? When CO is assigned, can I tell my nomination is passed? I thought they only request further information when the nomination is cleared. 

My immiaccount says the status is still “recieved” .  No “initial assessment” or “further assessment”. 

I’m really worried that my nomination will be rejected after paying $hundreds for medical check. 

Is it possible for my nomination to be clear when the other nomination is recently rejected at the same workplace? 

Cheers

Hi Xoxo...I'm pretty sure it's different CO's so ur friends nomination got rejected has nothing to do with U...may be he was unlucky to get a tough CO. Which state have U applied from?

3 minutes ago, mark23 said:

Hi Xoxo...I'm pretty sure it's different CO's so ur friends nomination got rejected has nothing to do with U...may be he was unlucky to get a tough CO. Which state have U applied from?

The nomination might have nothing to do with him but has everything to do with the business (and whether the business can nominate a cook).

The fact that the nomination for another cook has already been rejected only means that the business has been rejected the opportunity to nominate a cook. If both cooks have the very same nomination documentation/application it would be weird one to be accepted and the other one not.

If they both had the nomination approved and then one had the visa application rejected- that's different and normal (because it's based on personal circumstances/education/experience). But this one is extremely odd as both nomination are basically the same thing, a nomination of the very same business.

Please let us know what happens.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mark23 said:

It's WA. thanks for the reply. That makes me relieved somehow but still it's killing me. Other people from this forum has their status changed after requested more information. But mine is still same. 

6 hours ago, Gazza89 said:

Hi guys
Thanks

38 minutes ago, Xoxo86 said:

Hi guys 

Cheers

I just read your posting and Its not a positive comment but my friend's case, she applied 187 and then her CO requested police check and medical check request , then CO refused.

So my friend really frustrated and still don't understand why they requested the visa even though they had a plan to rejected.

but its always case by case, and no one sure about your case. Good luck !

11 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

The nomination might have nothing to do with him but has everything to do with the business (and whether the business can nominate a cook).

The fact that the nomination for another cook has already been rejected only means that the business has been rejected the opportunity to nominate a cook. If both cooks have the very same nomination documentation/application it would be weird one to be accepted and the other one not.

If they both had the nomination approved and then one had the visa application rejected- that's different and normal (because it's based on personal circumstances/education/experience). But this one is extremely odd as both nomination are basically the same thing, a nomination of the very same business.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I thought and that's why my nomination would be rejected as well. There is little hope cuz I got requested for medical check but still there is a chance the nomination is rejected even after expensive medical check. People from this forum said that I cannot check how the nomination is going in my immiaccount. so it makes me more crazy right now. 

Edited by Xoxo86

7 minutes ago, Kim122017 said:

I just read your posting and Its not a positive comment but my friend's case, she applied 187 and then her CO requested police check and medical check request , then CO refused.

So my friend really frustrated and still don't understand why they requested the visa even though they had a plan to rejected.

but its always case by case, and no one sure about your case. Good luck !

okay its a bad news but still good to know. Thank you for sharing story. but is she rejected of nomination or her personal application? please let me know. 

Edited by Xoxo86

20 minutes ago, Xoxo86 said:

okay its a bad news but still good to know. Thank you for sharing story. but is she rejected of nomination or her personal application? please let me know. 

If the nomination is rejected, it's not personal.

But I do agree, it is very odd they request Medi and Police Check if the are not satisfied with the nomination application.

34 minutes ago, Xoxo86 said:

It's WA. thanks for the reply. That makes me relieved somehow but still it's killing me. Other people from this forum has their status changed after requested more information. But mine is still same. 

I know it's worrying but one guy from this forum has had his decision finalized on the immi account but no decision was given to him so he was in a limbo not knowing if his visa is accepted or refused. Other reading this correct me if I'm wrong. 

The other thing is that since you have been asked to do ur medicals, I think U have 28 days to atleast book ur medicals - so it's not much of a choice. Hope you get some good news soon.

6 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

If the nomination is rejected, it's not personal.

But I do agree, it is very odd they request Medi and Police Check if the are not satisfied with the nomination application.

Right. But our MA said there is no problem with company and they have uploaded everything required. MA also said the reason for the refusal is missing documents so they double-checked but everything was uploaded but still they couldn't find the documents from immigration's computer so they rejected. So I'm guessing maybe this is just technical or system problem, not a big matter from our company. That's why I though I still have hope but who knows. 

46 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

I totally agree with you it's a bit strange, but the fact that even the nominations are something that is not done automatically it's decided by people. One guy must of got a horrible person deciding that his nomination was refused.

6 minutes ago, mark23 said:

I know it's worrying but one guy from this forum has had his decision finalized on the immi account but no decision was given to him so he was in a limbo not knowing if his visa is accepted or refused. Other reading this correct me if I'm wrong. 

The other thing is that since you have been asked to do ur medicals, I think U have 28 days to atleast book ur medicals - so it's not much of a choice. Hope you get some good news soon.

Thanks Mark. I've done my medicals so fingers cross. will keep it updated. 

1 hour ago, Xoxo86 said:

Hi guys 

Cheers

What's the reason for her to be rejected and when did she apply please?

If you have an MA, I think you should ask about your nomination. And on s56 request there should be the name of your CO somewhere in the corner. 

4 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

What's the reason for her to be rejected and when did she apply please?

If you have an MA, I think you should ask about your nomination. And on s56 request there should be the name of your CO somewhere in the corner. 

she applied Nov, 2017. Our MA said there is no problem with company and they have uploaded everything required. MA also said the reason for the refusal is missing documents so they double-checked but everything was uploaded but still immi people couldn't find the documents from their computer so they rejected.

So I'm guessing maybe this is just technical or system problem, not a big matter from our company.

Our company has been sponsoring many cooks and chefs for years and MA also worked with our company for years. So I'm sure MA knows what he is doing.

Normally in this case immi would request further information from company but they rejected straight away. I think this is one of the unlucky case and makes me so frustrated because it could happen to anyone.  

42 minutes ago, Xoxo86 said:

Right. But our MA said there is no problem with company and they have uploaded everything required. MA also said the reason for the refusal is missing documents so they double-checked but everything was uploaded but still they couldn't find the documents from immigration's computer so they rejected. So I'm guessing maybe this is just technical or system problem, not a big matter from our company. That's why I though I still have hope but who knows. 

You can't be rejected simply because documents are missing. They have to tell you exactly what is missing. Once you know, you can prove whether it's been uploaded or not, if it's been uploaded but not searchable due to a glitch - they have to consider the new upload/email regarding this document. If it's an IT issue, it's shouldn't be your issue.

Also, if something is wrong with the nomination itself, even if it means the document is missing, options are:

- ask for the 'missing' document to be submitted

- refuse the nomination based on incomplete submission

But definitely it's not an option to:

- ask for police check/medicals (as these are not part of the nomination).

8 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

You can't be rejected simply because documents are missing. They have to tell you exactly what is missing. Once you know, you can prove whether it's been uploaded or not, if it's been uploaded but not searchable due to a glitch - they have to consider the new upload/email regarding this document. If it's an IT issue, it's shouldn't be your issue.

Also, if something is wrong with the nomination itself, even if it means the document is missing, options are:

- ask for the 'missing' document to be submitted

- refuse the nomination based on incomplete submission

But definitely it's not an option to:

- ask for police check/medicals (as these are not part of the nomination).

Thanks for your opinion. I didn't ask MA what was the exact missing documents cuz it was my colleague's case. I just heard what happened. I think I should ask my MA in detail.