187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

My 457 visa expire in January 2017 and new nomination was grant this july and I also applied rsms nomination and visa 28 june 2016 . I need suggestions on 457 visa . Should I apply again 457 visa or leave and wait for rsms ..or i should apply for student visa for my partner in case , any thing happen in rsms . can anyone help me in this thank

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

My 457 visa expire in January 2017 and new nomination was grant this july and I also applied rsms nomination and visa 28 june 2016 . I need suggestions on 457 visa . Should I apply again 457 visa or leave and wait for rsms ..or i should apply for student visa for my partner in case , any thing happen in rsms . can anyone help me in this thank

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

When you submitted your 187 application, you should have been issued a bridging visa along with the acknowledgement letter (assuming you were in Australia when you submitted your application). The bridging visa will take effect as soon as the 457 expires, allowing you to remain in Australia with full work rights while your 187 is processed.

Hey guys,

The first time I saw this forum was the time while Naviozz was still waiting for his visa (early Dec I think). Such a good news to hear and I think I may share my friends case.

Job: Resturant Manager in a franchise coffee shop

Region: WA

Nomination submitted in mid Nov 2015

Nomination granted in mid June 2016

Visa submit submitted end June 2016

Visa granted 18 Dec 2016

Her case is a bit odd as the nomination was submitted when she was onshore and for some complicated reason she can't return to Australia after she flew out in Jan 2016. As a result she applied the visa offshore. Her migration agent, her boss, me and herself constantly request immi to speed up her case through countless calls and emails. At one stage (I think in late Sep), we lodged a queries to GFU (Global Feedback Unit) within DIBP. In mid Oct GFU said there is nothing they can do to speed up the process hence we lodge a complaint to GFU (as suggested by the MA) in mid Nov. At the same time MA also help her to send an appeal for expedited processing. So early Dec we received a news from NSW PSE that my friend's visa application has been allocated to a team but they can't prioritize further. At the same time GFU responded and said that they noticed there is an appeal attached to the case hence they closed the complaint on their side. As we are worry about the Christmas and New Year holiday season, the visa granted on 18 Dec 2016.

So to answer some questions on whether calling DIBP helps or not, I will say it depends as each time takes at least 1 hour of waiting and the answer is in process. However it's also through the countless phone calls, DIBP suggested the MA in Dec to write an appeal again (yes, not the first time) and that's how her case was picked up. Also please be aware if you lodge complaint to GFU, it won't slow down the process, but expect to wait for at least 3 weeks to get reply as they are short of menpower as well.

It was a hard waiting time as she was offshore for so long and we are worried that the boss will give up. However the waiting time is finally over so hope the rest of you will receive your good news soon!

Sorry, actually she is retail manager, in a franchise coffee shop.

Hey guys,

The first time I saw this forum was the time while Naviozz was still waiting for his visa (early Dec I think). Such a good news to hear and I think I may share my friends case.

Visa granted 18 Dec 2016

Her case is a bit odd as the nomination was submitted when she was onshore and for some complicated reason she can't return to Australia after she flew out in Jan 2016. As a result she applied the visa offshore. Her migration agent, her boss, me and herself constantly request immi to speed up her case through countless calls and emails. At one stage (I think in late Sep), we lodged a queries to GFU (Global Feedback Unit) within DIBP. In mid Oct GFU said there is nothing they can do to speed up the process hence we lodge a complaint to GFU (as suggested by the MA) in mid Nov. At the same time MA also help her to send an appeal for expedited processing. So early Dec we received a news from NSW PSE that my friend's visa application has been allocated to a team but they can't prioritize further. At the same time GFU responded and said that they noticed there is an appeal attached to the case hence they closed the complaint on their side. As we are worry about the Christmas and New Year holiday season, the visa granted on 18 Dec 2016.

So to answer some questions on whether calling DIBP helps or not, I will say it depends as each time takes at least 1 hour of waiting and the answer is in process. However it's also through the countless phone calls, DIBP suggested the MA in Dec to write an appeal again (yes, not the first time) and that's how her case was picked up. Also please be aware if you lodge complaint to GFU, it won't slow down the process, but expect to wait for at least 3 weeks to get reply as they are short of menpower as well.

It was a hard waiting time as she was offshore for so long and we are worried that the boss will give up. However the waiting time is finally over so hope the rest of you will receive your good news soon!

Hey guys,

Visa granted 18 Dec 2016

Hi do you mind can u please tell which franchise is it.

As I m in same boat as u r friend

abs-nomapr2016

hello guys my nomination just got approved sharing the good news to all of you!!!assessment in progress for visa timeline below !! Good luck to all of us

nomination feb 24

visa feb 26

nom approval jan 5

visa - assessment in progress !!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk