187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Question pls - my current employer will be nominating me for my 187 Visa application, however their Standard Business Sponsorship (SBS) expired last week and they need to renew that before they can submit my nomination request. How long roughly does it take to renew your SBS? My 457 expires very soon, and i've been waiting for them to get the nomination submitted so i can submit my application but I'm running out of time......

Ā 

My employer's SBS have also expired and they did not renew their SBS as they are now under Labour Agreemnet not SBS. Since my 457 was under SBS not Labour Agreement, I contacted about 10 MA's to ask about this. 8 out of the 10 agents said the SBS does not have to be current for a 187 Transition stream nomination, 2 out of 10 agents said the SBS has to be unexpired. So we decided to have the nomination lodged without renewing the SBS first. However, we are still waiting for the decision from DIBP as it was lodged only 2 months ago. We have not lodged the visa part as we wanted to wait for nomination decision as our nomination was complicated as there were technical issues with regards to the employer's ABN.

Hi guys,

my 4.5 months are completed, anyone's file opened from Last week of November??

very stressed

I submit nomination on28/11 still waiting. Have you heard any news about nomination. Or u just wait visa approve

Hi All,

Ā 

My 187 visa journey has finally come to a lucky end today. Here is the timeline:

Ā 

RCB & nomination - don't know the dates, handled by employer.

Nomination approved: 22 Oct 2014

Visa applied: 22 Oct 2014

Additional documents requested: 9 Mar 2015

Visa granted: 9 Apr 2015

Ā 

Processing centre: Parramatta

Ā 

I hope this is useful information. I managed to calculate both dates (documents requested / visa grant) down to a day using info provided by other fourm users. Seems very repeatable.

Ā 

Best of luck to all.

Ā 

Cheers

Boffin

Ā 

Ā 

hi congrats, im new to this forum. i also applied for nomination for 187 on 5th nov. on 20 march i ws asked for additional info regarding contract and emaployer P & L. all documents submitted along with visa application on 8 april. im offshore o medical done yet just waiting for immigration request.

just want to ask if anybody knows will my application come under whole 6 months or as i applied visa application on 8 april along with additional info required for nomination it will take further 6 months.

not sure. but wait is very hard.

thanks in advance etc.

Hi All,

Ā 

My 187 visa journey has finally come to a lucky end today. Here is the timeline:

Ā 

RCB & nomination - don't know the dates, handled by employer.

Nomination approved: 22 Oct 2014

Visa applied: 22 Oct 2014

Additional documents requested: 9 Mar 2015

Visa granted: 9 Apr 2015

Ā 

Processing centre: Parramatta

Ā 

I hope this is useful information. I managed to calculate both dates (documents requested / visa grant) down to a day using info provided by other fourm users. Seems very repeatable.

Ā 

Best of luck to all.

Ā 

Cheers

Boffin

Ā 

Ā 

hi congrats, im new to this forum. i also applied for nomination for 187 on 5th nov. on 20 march i ws asked for additional info regarding contract and emaployer P & L. all documents submitted along with visa application on 8 april. im offshore o medical done yet just waiting for immigration request.

just want to ask if anybody knows will my application come under whole 6 months or as i applied visa application on 8 april along with additional info required for nomination it will take further 6 months.

not sure. but wait is very hard.

thanks in advance etc.

Hi as far as I have noticed the time starts when you lodge your application.

so if you have lodged on 8th April, your 6 months time starts from there.

I know it's very hard but it's bitter truth.

I am no better than others, applied just nomination on 25th Nov and haven't heard anything yet.

once I get nomination approved then am going to lodge my visa application which will take further 4-5 or even 6 months.

Its so stressful but wait is all we have at the moment.

Hi as far as I have noticed the time starts when you lodge your application.

so if you have lodged on 8th April, your 6 months time starts from there.

I know it's very hard but it's bitter truth.

I am no better than others, applied just nomination on 25th Nov and haven't heard anything yet.

once I get nomination approved then am going to lodge my visa application which will take further 4-5 or even 6 months.

Its so stressful but wait is all we have at the moment.

Back when I applied for mine, three years ago now, the COs were telling people that the wait time starts from when the file is allocated to a CO. There were much longer wait times back then though.

Back when I applied for mine, three years ago now, the COs were telling people that the wait time starts from when the file is allocated to a CO. There were much longer wait times back then though.

Yeah but now when the file opens, there is either a decision or documents requested. And we know the waiting time if documents are requested (approx 28 days).

Immigration tries to take decisions in time frame, but when we are waiting, even to pass a day is very hard. (Given when you just sit home n do nothing):(

hi, guys just general requires about immigration account. About the status in that account, it will make any change or not when the file allocate to some CO or additional material required.because I haven't see any Change yet . Always in progress

Yeah but now when the file opens, there is either a decision or documents requested. And we know the waiting time if documents are requested (approx 28 days).

Immigration tries to take decisions in time frame, but when we are waiting, even to pass a day is very hard. (Given when you just sit home n do nothing):(

They don't make a decision as soon as the file is opened very often. There are lots of checks that go on in the background. There have even been people who have had immigration turn up at the work places to do checks.

One person on here that I know personally was asked for extra info, and it still took 5 months after they were given it (it was refused in the end).

Nobody can add anything useful to what your Agent has told you. Her advice is realistic and any other answer would be no more than an uninformed guess. You will just have to be patient and hope for a successful outcome.

Ā 

Every comment is very precious and important to me atm. But please lets try to be more constructive.I am certainly aware of what you have told but I just would like to hear from people had been through the same or similar stages.Everyone here I assume that has the ability to see the reality.Experiences are much more appreciated.

Ā 

Thanks for your comment.

Much appreciated.

Every comment is very precious and important to me atm. But please lets try to be more constructive.I am certainly aware of what you have told but I just would like to hear from people had been through the same or similar stages.Everyone here I assume that has the ability to see the reality.Experiences are much more appreciated.

Ā 

Thanks for your comment.

Much appreciated.

You are replying there to a very constructive reply. You couldn't get much more constructive. I think what you mean is you want more hopeful replies. That's fair enough, but @Ozmaniac doesn't need to have been through it to be constructive. I have been through it, and I can confirm that people posting saying 'you'll have your visa within xx time' is NOT constructive as they can't know, and far more often than not they are wrong. Your agent knows your case better than anyone on this forum does. They also deal with lots of clients going through the same thing, so they can compare your case with other ones which they KNOW are similar rather than pulling numbers out of a hat. It might not be what you want to hear, but you won't find better advice on this thread than ozmaniac's.

Edited by blossom
Spelling

You are replying there to a very constructive reply. You couldn't get much more constructive. I think what you mean is you want more hopeful replies. That's fair enough, but @Ozmaniac doesn't need to have been through it to be constructive. I have been through it, and I can confirm that people posting saying 'you'll have your visa within xx time' is NOT constructive as they can't know, and far more often than not they are wrong. Your agent knows your case better than anyone on this forum does. They also deal with lots of clients going through the same thing, so they can compare your case with other ones which they KNOW are similar rather than pulling numbers out of a hat. It might not be what you want to hear, but you won't find better advice on this thread than ozmaniac's.

Ā 

I think it is quite reasonable to understand why this platform is called as a forum;people share their own experiences timeframes,details about their background on their visa applications and the final outcomes by the immigration and share them as an example to people trying to have a better way of understanding what is going on around e.g.And none of them are professionals either.One hears from another or experience it and spread the words to us!! And therefore I did want to hear from people who had similar or the same experience by any chance.Everyone can see what is going on through our applications and as I said I did only want to hear from people who had experience in regards of this matter and I did not want to hear something specific as you think.And you do not need to remind me that my MA knows better than anyone on my application, of course she does but some people are very fussy like me and some not ,I usually like to dig and learn as much as I can.

I also thank you for your comment blossom but Ozmaniac wrote his/her comment gently and then I thanked and gently declared my opinion then our conversation was over.It did not ring the bells to me the reason why you are talking on behalf of Ozmaniac in regards of our conversation especially when a conversation was already over WITHOUT any problem.I really do not understand where this conversation is going through and why.It was a simple detailed question from me at first and a simple gentle answer from Ozmaniac after and thankful message by me then but your message was not necessary at all.

But anyway thanks again,

Regards