187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

A colleagues of mine have his PR granted today 18Dec 2013

He lodged his visa application after nomination approved.

Lodged visa in June 2013, Mel PSE, motor mechanic, only shown 1 year work experience.

He was on 485 visa before PR visa.

For those who concern about 515 policy, regarding 2 years exp, Here is an exemption case which not affected by it.

I don't understand. When he lodged visa app in june 2013 he already have the nomination approved???

Then why it took another 6 months for the visa???:chatterbox:

My MA and Sponsor also decided to lodge the nomination and after approval to lodge the visa app. But I assume once we'll have the nomination approved then visa application should take 1-2 months :notworthy:? Am I right?:skeptical:

I don't understand. When he lodged visa app in june 2013 he already have the nomination approved???

Then why it took another 6 months for the visa???:chatterbox:

My MA and Sponsor also decided to lodge the nomination and after approval to lodge the visa app. But I assume once we'll have the nomination approved then visa application should take 1-2 months :notworthy:? Am I right?:skeptical:

Nothing is a SHOULD with immi. However, he is from high risk country

Hi everyone,

My visa 485 is expiring on the 14th of May 2014. I am currently waiting for the approval of my visa 187. As my current visa is still valid, can I travel outside of Australia? What if my PR is granted while I am away?

Thanks for your answers.

You can travel out of Australia as long as you come back before your 485 expires. Once you return you will have to re-apply for bridging visa a as the one you were issued will have become defunct as soon as you left Australia.

If you are planning on coming back either after your 485 expires, or just before you can apply for bridging visa b before you go. This will give you three months out if the county and you won't need to re-apply for bridging visa a when you return.

You can travel out of Australia as long as you come back before your 485 expires. Once you return you will have to re-apply for bridging visa a as the one you were issued will have become defunct as soon as you left Australia.

If you are planning on coming back either after your 485 expires, or just before you can apply for bridging visa b before you go. This will give you three months out if the county and you won't need to re-apply for bridging visa a when you return.

Hi Blossom79,

My MA said to me that the bridging visa wont come into effect until my current substantive visa 485 is valid. Do this still mean that I will have to apply for a visa A once I got back? I am leaving on the 31th of December returning on the 13th of January 2014. My visa 485 expires on the 14th May 2014. What if my PR is granted while I am away? What do you recommend, should I apply for a bridging visa B before leaving on Monday?

Thanks

No, I'd just reapply for bridging visa a when you get back. It is true it hasn't kicked in yet, but it has been issued, and you leaving the country cancels it.

I'm not 100% on if it is granted while you are away. I think that now there is no onshore and offshore visas that it is fine, but you should check with your agent.

RSMS 187 Visa (Direct Entry stream) granted today :)

Scientist, Australian undergrad degrees, 1 year work experience.

High risk country, non-decision ready application, no agent, Melbourne processing center.

[Friday] 15/11/2013 RCB lodged and approved on the same day

[Monday] 18/11/2013 Nomination approved

[Friday] 29/11/2013 VETASSESS skill assessment submitted

[saturday] 30/11/2013 Visa lodged online

[Tuesday] 17/11/2013 Skill assessment approved. CO requested for medical within 5mins.

[Wednesday] 18/11/2013 Medical

[Friday] 20/11/2013 Medical cleared online

[---Christmas holiday---]

[Monday] 30/11/2013 Visa granted!

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with their efficiency - the visa application took 1 month exactly, including waiting for VETASSESS approval and the Christmas holiday period.

I know some people get it within a couple of months while others have much longer waiting periods. Personally I figure that it depends a lot on your employer and the nature of your occupation. Immigration does state that they group visa applications to COs base on occupations, and therefore, the 'rarer' your occupation probably the faster the processing will be. Also, big creditable companies that have previously sponsored employees who stayed on in their jobs permanently after getting their citizenships will definitely help too.

Best of luck!

Edited by Donut

Finally got my pr, here is my timeline

RCB applied on 27/06/13

RCB approved on 25/07/13

Nomination and Visa applied on 15/08/13

Nomination approved and Visa granted on 06/01/14

No sign of case officer allotted

Perth office, occupation: accountant

Good luck to everyone that are stillwaiting for their pr, hope everyone get it soon.

Finally got my pr, here is my timeline

RCB applied on 27/06/13

RCB approved on 25/07/13

Nomination and Visa applied on 15/08/13

Nomination approved and Visa granted on 06/01/14

No sign of case officer allotted

Perth office, occupation: accountant

Good luck to everyone that are stillwaiting for their pr, hope everyone get it soon.

congrats

At last - Melbourne office Visa and nomination with police checks lodged on 6th august 2013 2 days before 50th birthday. RCB granted a couple of weeks later SA so not DRC. We did medicals in November without being asked as we intended to Go to Oz on our temp bus visa anyway in Jan in fact flights are booked for the 28th.

Agent Go Matilda, Alan Collett prompted them just before Christmas with a carefully worded e-mail. Notified yesterday our application had been allocated to a CO. Alan rang me today to say it had been granted.

Think we might still have been waiting if he hadn't contacted them.

Edited by rammygirl

At last - Melbourne office Visa and nomination lodged on 6th august 2013 2 days before 50th birthday. RCB granted a couple of weeks later SA so not DRC. We did medicals in November without being asked as we intended to Go to Oz on our temp bus visa anyway in Jan police checks submitted with visa.

Agent Go Matilda, Alan Collett prompted them just before Christmas with a carefully worded e-mail. Notified yesterday our application had been allocated to a CO. Alan rang me today to say it had been granted.

Think we might still have been waiting if he hadn't contacted them.

oops oops sorry posted again by mistake must be the bubbly:smile:

So u applied on 6th Aug 13 offshore through Melbourne office non decision ready? My one is on 21st Aug with decision ready, hopefully can get it soon -_-.

feel pr will never be granted.. I did in Sep last year in melbourne..so there will be a looooong wait for me...

were you saying Sept/2013 or Sept/2012?

If it is sept 2012, how come it takes so long?? Did you apply through MA? When did you apply for RCB? Did your employer apply for the nomination? When did you lodge your visa application?

Congrats! Can you tell me how did you get your medicals done without

the request of the co because I tried to do it and they asked me ( medibank)

for a number that the co is supposed to give me.

maybe it's because you did it overseas?

thanks

to do the medical you need the TFN number you get when lodging the visa application.

to do the medical you need the TFN number you get when lodging the visa application.

Or if you are in oz you can do if before you have applied for your visa. Just tell them it is for a pr visa. When you go to fill the forms in they will ask which office will be processing your application.

Hi all,

I've been reading the threads while waiting for my visa and it was finally granted as an early Christmas present on December 17th 2013. Thanks for all the information you've all put on here, I know how stressful it is waiting, hang on in there ... it'll come :)

Non Decision Ready - Perth Office - HR Advisor - Direct Entry Stream

19/07/2013 RCB lodged

08/08/2013 RCB Approved

08/08/2013 Nomination/ Visa Lodged with All documentation including Medical/ Police Clearances - Online Submission (Used an Immigration Agent but not Decision Ready)

17/12/2013 More Information Requested

17/12/2013 Nomination and Visa Granted on the same day

Thanks,

Helen

were you saying Sept/2013 or Sept/2012?

If it is sept 2012, how come it takes so long?? Did you apply through MA? When did you apply for RCB? Did your employer apply for the nomination? When did you lodge your visa application?

Thanks! I've got a CO now!!! So happy!

we called them yesterday and emailed them too!

hopefully the nomination will be approved before

i have to leave the country