Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

debbie2302

Guest moonraker1961

Most people I know either went to Bali or had a holiday within Oz.Travelling out of Oz is quite expensive.I guess if you are into beaches (which I'm not particularly)then you are spoilt for choice in Oz.

I find the leave system quite different than in the UK - where I got so many weeks and could take them anytime during the year - here you can only take what you've accumalated. When i get my wage slip I look at how much leave I've got first rather than the money!

Here in WA it's cheaper to go to Bali than it is to travel to the east coast. Vietnam is popular too

Ali

Guest fatpom

There plenty to see and do in Aus without the need to leave the country... its quite different from the UK in that respect.

Ali mentions holiday accumulation... in private industry they sometimes only allow you take vacation after the first year that is entitlement is credited at the end of each 12 months of service.

In practice most employers are likely to allow you to use the odd day here or there from what's accumulated so far in preference to you taking a sickie but not allow you to take a two week period during the first year (without a real good reason). It can be a real bummer if you are in project type work and change jobs every couple of years or so. :smile:

Was just wondering where do Expats go for their holidays after moving over to Oz.

Debbie

xx

Hi Debbie

Most Australian families tend to go to the Gold Coast for their holidays as it has the worlds for the kids.

If you have a large family or group of friends hoildaying on the Murry river on a house boat is great. (like a barge only bigger) you find most have party spas on board your own rooms etc.

Geoffrey

I find the leave system quite different than in the UK - where I got so many weeks and could take them anytime during the year - here you can only take what you've accumalated. When i get my wage slip I look at how much leave I've got first rather than the money!

Here in WA it's cheaper to go to Bali than it is to travel to the east coast. Vietnam is popular too

Ali

Hi

Thanks everyone for giving me some idea of where to go for holidays. I really do fancy the idea of going to Bali for holidays Ali, have always wanted to go somewhere like that so once we are in oz will be much easier to get there. Dont fancy Vietnam though.

Also wasnt aware of accumulating holidays, must go and tell the OH about that, dont think he will be too happy either, but hey we will have to get on with it.

Thanks again guys.

Debbie

xx

Hiya Ali, Lots of UK companies are doing this now too. Always best to try and book a holiday if you have worked lots of hours in the x amount of weeks, cant think of hand how many weeks now though. Trouble was that people taking sick leave and holiday were never at work so things changed to help the employer out. xx

Quite fancy going to Bali for a holiday too also lots of places to explore in Australia:daydreaming: Cant wait !

Hiya Ali, Lots of UK companies are doing this now too. Always best to try and book a holiday if you have worked lots of hours in the x amount of weeks, cant think of hand how many weeks now though. Trouble was that people taking sick leave and holiday were never at work so things changed to help the employer out. xx

Quite fancy going to Bali for a holiday too also lots of places to explore in Australia:daydreaming: Cant wait !

If your going to Bali there are 2 things you need to get.

1/ Bali belly (dont drink the water!)

2/ The "I've been to Bali too" t-shirt its the must have....

Geoffrey

If your going to Bali there are 2 things you need to get.

1/ Bali belly (dont drink the water!)

2/ The "I've been to Bali too" t-shirt its the must have....

Geoffrey

Well if it's the MUST HAVE then I have to go LOL

Is it expensive to take a holiday to Bali from Australia, prob a silly question as would depend on the type of accomodation you want I suppose. Never had a luxury holiday so ile go for the luxury type :daydreaming:

Archived