Parent visa 143 question

We are on a visitor visa 600 whilst waiting for our contributory parent visa 143. The 600 visa states we have to be out of the country for 6 months in any 18 months. We do not need to do the 6 months all in one go. However being elderley parents we are finding this a drain on our savings and also we are away from new friends and our family. Is there any way we can get a different visa while we wait the 3 years for  the 143 visa. 

Hello and welcome :)

I've edited the title of your post to reflect the topic of it and also moved it to our Family visa section of the forum. 

Hi Roger. 

If you are aged (as defined) and don't have a condition 8503 on your visitor visa you might look at a subclass 864 visa - though you will have to pay the initial Visa Application Charges again.

864 visa applications are presently processed somewhat more quickly than 143s, and come with a Bridging Visa entitlement.

Best regards.

43 minutes ago, Roger Vanstone said:

Our visa does have 8503 on it. We have seen 3 agents. We were just hoping that someone had been through this and new of a way out.

thank you for the replies.

8503 means No Furtehr Stay. You have to leave and cannot apply onshore for a  further stay. Surely the three agents advised you of this?

12 hours ago, Roger Vanstone said:

Thank you everyone for trying to help us. Just one more thing. The new visa coming in November, will we be able to apply for this with 2 years still on our visitor visa sub class 600.

That's what I'm hanging on being able to do Roger. I've got a 600 with a 12 months in every 18 condition attached, but I'm hoping to jump onto the new temp visa when it comes to fruition. 

6 hours ago, Roger Vanstone said:

Can we keep in touch to swap notes and see how things go.

Of course! I usually keep on top of another topic chat, I've tried to copy a link, unsuccessfully! It's the new temporary parent visa chat, I think you'll find that useful too Riger. Nice bunch o folk too!

17 minutes ago, Roger Vanstone said:

Is this chat on pomsinoz . I can't seem to find it. If not what  do I type in google to find it. Thanks maureen and Roger

I have no idea how to copy a link within this site, but does this help?!

@Roger Vanstone

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/50481-the-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread/

On 29/08/2017 at 22:49, Roger Vanstone said:

Is this chat on pomsinoz . I can't seem to find it. If not what  do I type in google to find it. Thanks maureen and Roger

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:17, Roger Vanstone said:

We are on a visitor visa 600 whilst waiting for our contributory parent visa 143. The 600 visa states we have to be out of the country for 6 months in any 18 months. We do not need to do the 6 months all in one go. However being elderley parents we are finding this a drain on our savings and also we are away from new friends and our family. Is there any way we can get a different visa while we wait the 3 years for  the 143 visa. 

Hi Roger, sorry I don't have any answer on ur question but I have a question if you can answer. I want to apply 143 visa for my mom but no idea if its only paper application or  we can do online application too. Please help as immigration website is so vague.

2 minutes ago, Ausieways said:

Hi Roger, sorry I don't have any answer on ur question but I have a question if you can answer. I want to apply 143 visa for my mom but no idea if its only paper application or  we can do online application too. Please help as immigration website is so vague.

Not vague at all - paper applications only for parent visa applications.

Best regards.

Archived