New Pathway D Information

SOMV

Thanks Alan, we did send an application last September but failed because OH doesn't have any qualifications, I did speak to Marina at this time but was told that there wasn't a way around it at that time. I have looked in to the AQFIII and one RTO told me that communications linesperson is a cert II, and that he has been in touch with immigration regarding this. We were hoping that his license to work on BT openreach would help, or the Australian license that he is working towards.

Would you be willing to help us with the Skills assessment, or do you only take on clients for the whole process?

Regards

Flix

- Yes, we are happy to help with just the skills assessment process.

- May I send you confirmation of our fees? I have your email address from previous exchanges off forum.

Best regards.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flixy
- Yes, we are happy to help with just the skills assessment process.

- May I send you confirmation of our fees? I have your email address from previous exchanges off forum.

Best regards.

Yes please :yes:

Hi Alan

We'd also be interested in knowing what yur fees would be for just the TRA application.

Many thanks

Nicky

I'll send an email to you now, Nicky.

I'll confirm details for skills assessment and visa stages, but you are not committed to both - you can instruct us just for the skills assessment if you wish.

Best regards.

Guest stue116

Hi Alan, how is it looking for locksmiths? what do they mean by licence, as it seem to me that any qualification you can get in uk eg, city and guilds won't be good enough.

Sam.

Guest surferdude69
Hi Alan, how is it looking for locksmiths? what do they mean by licence, as it seem to me that any qualification you can get in uk eg, city and guilds won't be good enough.

Sam.

Put it this way mate, I sent 23yrs documented work history,apprentiship indentures, C&G up to NVQ3,AM1 and AM2 passed practical exams that got me to an Approved Electrician status, and I still have to do a UK skills assessment, worst thing is , I've worked with a few Aussie sparks over here, and only one of 'em was anywhere near on my level.

Guest stue116

Hi Alan, ok think i've got it! Dumb blonde you see, have to explain veeerrryy slooowly.lol

can you tell me what other trades have a license, maybe then i can see if there is something for locksmiths that would be the equivalent.

If not then like you say if they are going to assess on individual cases, we have written evidence from training courses and certificates from these, and references from the companies giving the training. is this things you think they may take into consideration ?

Thanks again for your help Sam.

Sam,

Can I suggest that you telephone my colleague Stephen Dickson on Melbourne number 00 61 3 9935 2929? A call before 8am UK time should catch him.

Or I can ask Stephen to telephone you if you send me a PM or an email with your number.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jemmatasha

my partner is a heating engineer (installing stoves, re-conditioning them, installing flu liners etc) we have tried several migration experts but they have all said his job does not fall under any of the jobs in the SOL list. its so fustrating that they dont recognise his skill whatsoever, even though it does include building chimneys.

its basically a dry plumbing qualification he has (HETAS certificate) and has been doing this work for over 6yrs.

Wouldnt you think that he would fall under general plumbing?????

my partner is a heating engineer (installing stoves, re-conditioning them, installing flu liners etc) we have tried several migration experts but they have all said his job does not fall under any of the jobs in the SOL list. its so fustrating that they dont recognise his skill whatsoever, even though it does include building chimneys.

its basically a dry plumbing qualification he has (HETAS certificate) and has been doing this work for over 6yrs.

Wouldnt you think that he would fall under general plumbing?????

Have you asked an agent to carry out a formal assessment of your partner's work? I would not be closing the door on your prospects for migration without having such a review carried out.

You are welcome to submit details here if you would like to progress such an assessment:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best regards.

Guest jemmatasha

thank you, have tried to fill in the assesment for yourselves to contact us but it says that there is an error while trying to forward this. can i just email you?????

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

We are hoping to apply for an AQFIII in roof tiling in October (when the s.trowel are hoping to be back in the Uk)

Following that, providing my husband passes, we will be hoping to go through to the next stage, which I understand is applying to the 'Tra', we have had our case looked at & are told that we score '125' so we stand a good chance (fingers crossed)

I have been reading all these posts with great interest :wideeyed: as I feel we are in similair 'boats'.

We are currently researching migration agents, and the prices are pretty steep, alog with the £2000 we are having to pay for the AQFIII, but I notced that it may be possible to hire an agent to help with 'part of your application', which is very interesting, as I have done alot of the research myself already, but I obviously want an agent to make sure that when it comes to sending it all off, I have everything together, I dont want to have made any mistakes.

Good luck to everyone that has posted on here,

Good things come to those who wait! :yes:

Kind Regards, Kelly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sazzle76
Hi,

my OH is a panel beater and we came out to Oz on a 457 in April of this year. Our employer is prepared to sponsor us to permanent, but would be nice if we could get it sooner than 2 years. He has got his license here in NSW to practice panel beating, does that mean that the TRA would accept that? He has been a panle beater for over 7 years, but has no qualifications. On the gomatilda site, it says either you have your skill assessed, OR a have their competencies confirmed by a recognised industrial or occupational licence

Not sure if we qualify, any clear-up would be cool.

thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz

My OH is a panel beater too, we are trying for a 175 but OH only has NVQ 2 and 3 and no proof of apprenticeship :o(

Where abouts in NSW are you? is the pay roughly the same as the UK?

Cheers

Sal

In reply to Liz and Sal, although we don't have much info about the new 1 Sept TRA rules, from the information we do have I think that it would be worthwhile trying the TRA assessment.

If the TRA fee remains the same it really is much less to pay than having an onsite assessment RPL competencies assessment), so even though there is a risk of losing your AU$300, I personally would consider this option.

I am not saying this in a professional capacity - until the new rules have been tested it is hard to say how borderline cases will do - but, on a purely personal level, this is what I would do.

Hello,

Here is a bit more insight into how the 900 hour rule will apparently work. This came from the TRA by way of a reply to my request for more information:

Thank you for your recent enquiry to TRA.

For a successful outcome through Skill Pathway E in the Uniform Assessment Criteria (UAC), applicants must provide evidence of completion in an AQF Certificate III, and 900 hours directly related employment.

The Certificate III must provide evidence of results for each competency completed, and the course must be CRICOS registered.

Evidence of 900 hours employment must be provided with every application. Unpaid work experience will be considered, however, claims of employment (work experience) must comply with relevant State and/or Commonwealth workplace relations laws.

Following introduction of the new Migration Assessment Policy, from 1 September 2008 evidence of unpaid employment must:

a. differentiate the unpaid work from training requirements; and

b. explain why the applicant is working in an unpaid capacity.

These 2 points mean that applicants working in an unpaid environment must demonstrate that the employment is not related to the formal training (Certificate III) and must provide reason as to why the employment is unpaid.

Hello Alan,

Indeed! It is so hard to advise clients at the moment. I think/hope that the TRA will be quite generous under the new system, especially with UK applicants (I shouldn't say that, because it is not politically correct, but I am only going by previous TRA results).

Maybe the brevity of their reply reflects how little even they know at this point. I will let you know if I get any more info out of them.

Cheers,

Veronika

Archived