New Pathway D Information

SOMV

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adamsfamily
Hello,

The MIA have released the following information about the shape of things to come with the new TRA Pathway D (note: this is still only a "proposal" and more changes may be forthcoming - I certainly hope so):

The proposed new approach is quite different to previous pathways but offers good prospects for many would-be migrant applicants to qualify on the basis of their trade skills.

Good morning, I was hoping that there may be something a little positive in the "1st July changes" for our stuation, but appears i got up early for nothing. Hubby trade still mega busy over there but not a recognised one for us to apply (experience counts for nothing in our case) oh well, that light seems to be getting further further away!

Well done to everyone who has benefited to these changes anyway.

sad and depressed Adams Family - Sidcup, Kent.:arghh:

Guest Flixy
I checked the immi website and there didnt seem to be much published at all. What are you all looking at, that is such a big change?

We are waiting for news of a replacement for pathway D on the TRA which was promised for 1st July, this is different to the DIAC news others have been waiting for.

Guest clare robson

Hi Veronica,

My OH has no qualifications for what he does but his work comes under drainer, his job involves most of the drainer qualification apart from the septic tanks. What do you think his chances would be in gaining a visa.

Hope i am not asking tooooooooooooooo much

Guest Flixy
which website are you looking at? I checked the TRA and I couldnt see anything..

The information is on the first post on this thread, I believe it was sent from the MIA to it's members.

Guest CathCol

Hi can anyone help with this?!

Hubbie 39 - printer 14 yrs ( sticky labels), same company - no qualifications in printing.Started at the bottom with no experience now the Productio manager - still very hand on.

Printers - not in demand but production manager( manufacturing) are.

Can he just use RPL or should he try and get an NVQ for example.

What do you need to do for RPL - is there info on the gov web-site?

At the moment we are looking at sponsorship but would prefer PR.

Thanks Catherine:wacko:

Guest doug_r2005

Hi all,

I'm in the process of filling out my tra form, in the section of writing down previous employers I'm not exactly sure of which months I started and finished, only the years. Will this affect my application if it's an approx quess. Also I mknow this might be a silly question but does the whole application need to be written out in upper case letters or is it just the addresses, I won't to get it right.

Many thanks to all,

Doug...

Guest CathCol

Hi Doug - thanks - have done alot of job hunting for OH if you want some ideas/contacts PM me ( iwould send you one but not sure how to LOL) Catherine:biglaugh:

Guest colin&miche

We have been down the sponsor root and had a good response,e.g 4 job offers BUT have had to put this on hold as we havent sold our house, and it is looking dire in this respect, We was waiting to hear anything positive about a replacement for pathway d as we would rather go to Australia as PR rather than temp as we have 4 children , my hubby has been a fire alarm engineer/technician for allmost 7yrs but in Aust engineer has a slightly different meaning than in the u.k he has lots of certificates for this and has been on many courses and recieved certificates for these courses, one of the courses was for the fire industry association (FIA)and passed BS 5839 , unit 1 fire protection design, now does this mean anything for Aus as this is BS (british standard), this is only 1 of the courses he has attnded and passed with flying colours, he got 98 out of 100 for the above course , the pass lvl was 75 so he flew through that 1, just this week he took another exam , so to speak as he was offered the senior engineer position at his current place of work and got the job, so now he is classed a senior fire alarm engineer /technician, will this help us at all towards getting to Australia on a PR visa.

will he have to take more ttests/exams?

will this cost more money,?

how long will this take?

these are a few questions we dont have any answers for yet , any info greatly appreciated

michell

Guest surferdude69

Could someone answer a little question please??????? I am fully qualified with NVQ3,AM1+AM2 practical exam passes, and all the other C&G's certificates to prove my training as an Approved Electrician, I'd sent off all my qualifications to VETASSESS and received abck the pass I was after, now they say I need to go to London and have a practical exam which'll cost $1600, whhhhhhhy do I need to take this???? and surely if they're crying out for tradesemen so much it should be easier to get there. Any reply would be most welcome.

Hello surferdude.

This same issue was raised from the floor at a seminar I attended in Melbourne on Tuesday presented by TRA.

In short, the VETASSESS process for certain of the trade skills is not going to change. Yes, it is lengthy, expensive, and delays (to the point of deterring) the very people Australia says it wants - but if you want to move to Australia on a general skilled visa you must reconcile yourself to jumping through all the required hoops.

Good luck!

Any thoughts or advice on the following.

After the removal of pathway d oh decided to get nvq level 2 qualification in roof tiling and slating in the hope of gaining tra pass through pathway b,which tra then decided that was no longer an option.So in last couple of weeks found out about company who will assess to gain AQF111 at a cost of £2000,so decided to go for that, but now wondering if it is going to be a waste of money if tra may be accepting nvq level 2 from september .Oh does have over 20 years experience as well.

We want to get the ball rolling asap.

thanks Margaret.

My belief (following a conversation in person with senior persons from TRA on Tuesday evening in Melbourne) is that a UK NVQ2 supported by good evidence of a skills transition will generally give rise to a successful assessment, particularly under TRAs new Skills Streams.

I know I have a vested interest, but please consider engaging an agent with experience in this area - the quality of documentation (employer statements, etc) with the NVQ2s is likely to be key to a successful outcome.

This said, an AQF Cert III will give you a qualification which is recognised in the Australian workplace.

In case of need: http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ouroffices

Best regards.

Guest surferdude69

Thanks for the reply Alan, it is soul sucking at times but it will be worth it when I step off of that plane, by going this route are there any surprise tests/exams to take in Aus?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Alan

Let us say one is a roofer, please. Does the Australian AQFIII qualification actually cut any ice on a building site or whatever?

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm curious because I am absolutely gobsmacked by the ASCO Code. I can't believe that a bunch of bureaucrats could have wasted SO much time compiling such a document. Does the UK have a similarly daft document, do you know?

It just seems very strange to me that one can have a "career" as a "furniture removalist" and suchlike. I wonder whether my 14 year old Aussie nephew harbours dreams of becoming a Furniture Removalist one day....????

I think the world is going overboard with the idea of paper qualifications for absolutely everything and anything, to be honest. What happened to on-the-job experience and sheer ability gained thereby????

Curious

Gill

Guest bigdee

hello everyone, i to am a roofer with 13 years experience and no quals , hoping to go to oz within 2 years or so.. just decided to go to college and get my nvq 111 in roof tiling and slating, i went for my induction last week and the guy who runs the coarse has a company near me and recognised me from years ago and probably knows that i probably have as much knowledge of the game as him, donkey and strawberries come to mind, so as from september i will be going to college every tuesday 8.30 til 4.30 to get that piece of paper that will hopefully get me to oz, because he knew me i managed to get straight on to level 3 which is a 12 month coarse, level 2 is a 2 year coarse.. any experienced roofers out there that live near bolton college and want to get their level 3 there are plenty of spaces left but you will have to be quick and willing to give up tuesdays every week..what a drag !!!:arghh:

Here is a fuller posting, following a migration agents' seminar I attended in Melbourne last Tuesday at which the Director and Assistant Director of TRA presented the new MAP, and responded to questions and "observations" from the floor.

I also took the opportunity to ask questions directly of the presenters afterwards.

For those in the UK I fear we are not going to achieve a great deal more certainty than we have now, beyond it being made quite clear at the presentation that an application based purely on work experience is a non starter.

In other words those applicants who have been hoping for a return of Skill Pathway D or an equivalent should reconcile themselves to the fact that they will now need to have a suitable qualification or licence that will validate their competencies.

Importantly, there is not going to be a list of "formally recognised qualifications" (at least not in the foreseeable future - see the definition of "formally recognised qualifications" in TRA's new MAP), so applicants are left with the question of whether to go with an application based on a UK qualification or licence, or to incur the costs of a workplace assessment leading to an AQF Certificate III.

I quizzed the TRA people on NVQ2s (a subject dear to my heart), and was advised that "each case will be looked at individually and on its own merits".

The reality borne out of our own experience though (and I left the presentation with the view that this will not change under the new Skills Streams) is that a well documented application from a UK based individual with a NVQ2 (or indeed some other related licence/qualification - so long as supporting documentation is provided that evidences the technical requirements that had to be satisfied to attain the licence/qualification), together with related documentation that evidences skilled employment and/or a skills transition is likely to be successful.

Finally, trade skills applicants that have undertaken formal training, have attained some form of qualification outside Australia, and who want to optimise their chances of a successful application to TRA without committing to a reasonably expensive UK workplace assessment should consider engaging a competent agent who has lodged a significant number of applications with TRA in the past. For example, George Lombard, Ian Harrop/Tony Coates. Or us:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best regards.

Guest Flixy
Hi Flixy

Looks to me tha the will require either an AQF Cert III OR TRA to recognise the UK license ha has.

Regards

Hi Tony,

Sorry, i've just seen your reply. My OH is currently studying online with an RTO to gain a cert II which will enable him to get an Australian open cabler's registration. Would this be classed as a license and recognised by the TRA?

Regards

Flix

Hi Tony,

Sorry, i've just seen your reply. My OH is currently studying online with an RTO to gain a cert II which will enable him to get an Australian open cabler's registration. Would this be classed as a license and recognised by the TRA?

Regards

Flix

Flixy,

TRA is looking for quals that are comparable to an AQF Cert III (not II) => you may find you are prejudicing your prospects if you lodge an application with a Cert II.

I would seriously consider lodging an application under the post-01/09 regime with plenty of detailed paperwork relating to training undertaken, etc.

You know where we are if you need us ...

Best regards.

Guest Flixy
Flixy,

TRA is looking for quals that are comparable to an AQF Cert III (not II) => you may find you are prejudicing your prospects if you lodge an application with a Cert II.

I would seriously consider lodging an application under the post-01/09 regime with plenty of detailed paperwork relating to training undertaken, etc.

You know where we are if you need us ...

Best regards.

Thanks Alan, we did send an application last September but failed because OH doesn't have any qualifications, I did speak to Marina at this time but was told that there wasn't a way around it at that time. I have looked in to the AQFIII and one RTO told me that communications linesperson is a cert II, and that he has been in touch with immigration regarding this. We were hoping that his license to work on BT openreach would help, or the Australian license that he is working towards.

Would you be willing to help us with the Skills assessment, or do you only take on clients for the whole process?

Regards

Flix

Archived