Be a pal !

sunnycoaster

Didn't think I'd advertise but I'm sure there must be a few stragglers out there still trying to crack it and make new friends. Been on the Sunshine Coast for a few years now and have had a bit of a roller coaster ride with settling, you know the story! Just wondering if anyone is interested in a girlie meetup? I'm a young 50 year old ?

Edited by sunnycoaster
  • Like 1

Hiya 

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet. Am bumping your post to the front page again. 

I am based in Brisbane, so probably a bit far out for meet ups. I have made most of my good friends through interests. A great place to start if you need to extend your network a bit. Hope you find some people to connect with. 

P

• Like 3

On 16/07/2017 at 12:13, sunnycoaster said:

Didn't think I'd advertise but I'm sure there must be a few stragglers out there still trying to crack it and make new friends. Been on the Sunshine Coast for a few years now and have had a bit of a roller coaster ride with settling, you know the story! Just wondering if anyone is interested in a girlie meetup? I'm a young 50 year old ?

On 17/07/2017 at 17:56, Peachy said:

Hiya 

Sorry you haven't had any replies yet. Am bumping your post to the front page again. 

I am based in Brisbane, so probably a bit far out for meet ups. I have made most of my good friends through interests. A great place to start if you need to extend your network a bit. Hope you find some people to connect with. 

P

Thanks Peachy, I've been busy studying and working so have not pushed myself very much. I've had a very kind pm or two so that's good, I've had contact. All you need is some good friends you can count on one hand and you've made it ? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/09/2017 at 09:31, Jay2016 said:

Hi what's the sunshine coast line for work and living? And can you compare to Brisbane? As I'm looking to head that way soon!!!emoji44.png

Sent from my Nexus 10 using PomsinOz mobile app

Hi, what line of work are you in? Living is great but quieter than Brissie ? It's great for families here, the beaches are fab.  Nightlife is limited but a few nice bars around. Things will advance here when Maroochydore becomes a cbd, but hoping for the better ?

Guest The Pom Queen
On 25/08/2017 at 20:04, mr luvpants said:

Where are you based Sunnycoaster?

Hello sexy fireman turned police man. Hope you and the wife are well.

Guest The Pom Queen
On 09/09/2017 at 10:03, mr luvpants said:

Very well, thank you. still loving it and its been nearly 7 years. How are you?

Wow it only seems like yesterday 

• 2 months later...

thanks sunnycoaster.   sorry I dont use this website often enough so only just seen your rely THANK YOU!!! X I'm a financial controller for a drug company aka dull boring accountant lol.  I'm defo not a city boy! i live in london but work in essex.  today is my last day to decide!  am i going to GO ?!  i told work a month ago i'm going, but the MD/FD want me to stay and have said to me "its not to late to change your mind" but i have to give them my decision tomorrow.  i'm mid 40's, no kids/wife and my PR visa [travel element] runs out early 2018, so its now or never 

5 hours ago, Jay2016 said:

thanks sunnycoaster.   sorry I dont use this website often enough so only just seen your rely THANK YOU!!! X I'm a financial controller for a drug company aka dull boring accountant lol.  I'm defo not a city boy! i live in london but work in essex.  today is my last day to decide!  am i going to GO ?!  i told work a month ago i'm going, but the MD/FD want me to stay and have said to me "its not to late to change your mind" but i have to give them my decision tomorrow.  i'm mid 40's, no kids/wife and my PR visa [travel element] runs out early 2018, so its now or never 

Take a career break if you can then you keep all your options open.

• Like 1

Hi Quoll, for your reply Big DECISION, got 3hrs left to make it effectively UK or OZ?  then tell my boss tomorrowmorning. My plan  would be to gumtree a room as cheap as i can, buy a ~5K$ Ut, try to kitesurf, see abit of queensland Bris/GoldC/SunshineC; I can see 2mths flying by, then look to get a Contract job after 2mths [full time keep me out of mischief!] or part-time Contract, until i feel like familiarity is setting in! then medium term think permanent.  that would be the ideal i guess.  also a Career Break of sorts & perhaps look for  something  more Sales orientated rather than accountancy.  i guess the mining boom/FiFo has all passed!