Moving to Bunbury Western Australia

Pen40

It's a good option. Very affordable housing, a wide range of decent schools, excellent public facilities, nice beaches and the gateway to the magnificent South West. Have a look at mysouthwest.com.au and bunburymail.com.au for up to date stuff. Nearby rural towns that are gaining in popularity are Boyanup, Dardanup and Capel. 

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You would though need to look very carefully at jobs. It is a nice town, but a fairly small town and as a result has a limited number of jobs. It would be too far to commute to Perth. 

Had a goodly chuckle at that, VS...I worked at the Railway  Round House in 'Bumbry' in early 1964 and took the early milktrain to Perth for a weekend, 13 hours calling at every siding, picking up every parcel/ produce etc for the city...And, of course, free...xD

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks everyone - getting a job is a worry as I would need to work full time. I'll need to look in to this further. Thanks for the website links. I also need a good state high school as private schooling is not an option financially.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Thanks VXRHSV. I could work FIFO if I had to but think I would prefer not to. Where are the best areas to find work. I currently work in administration and moving into health and safety in construction but it doesn't have to be construction.

Hey mate,

I assume you have visas sorted already.

WA and Perth are doing it tough for jobs at the moment so you would want to do your research on the work front before committing to the move.  There are a lot of people unemployed, underemployed and leaving WA due to the lack of work.

Edited by Collie

I have citizenship by decent but have my sons visa to sort. I can come over early for the right job but finding it hard to decide as I need to work but also need a good high school!

Being a citizen makes it easier,

If you are a citizen, is your son not automatically a citizen also?

Concentrate on the job first - they are in short supply.  Plenty of good schools around and once you have a job you can pick were to live and schools etc.