Affect on new visa application while 189 application is in processing state

trapme

Hi,

I have lodged my 189 visa application along with my family which is under processing. It looks like there is new project shaping up and for that my company planning to apply for a business visitor VISA or new 457 VISA.

I have lodged my 189 application on my personal expenses without being told to the company as I am sure, they will not sponsor me. I would like to know whether my new application for the 600 or 457 VISA would have any affect?

Would my 189 VISA application would have any affect with the new application?

Would my company will come to know about my 189 visa application if they lodge new application for 600 or 457 visa?

I am really in a very difficult situation, please help me out. I would really appreciate and grateful to the response. Thanks.

Edited by trapme

The fist thing, I am not sure why you mention a 600 as this has no work rights, it is effectively a tourist visa, designed for people visiting family. 

You can lodge multiple visa applications, the risk is on which is granted first. If the 189 were granted, then the 457, the 457 would cancel the 189. So, you would be on a temporary work permit and potentially need to start again - and pay again - for a 189. The principle is that the most recent grant cancels previous grants. 

As VS mentioned, the 600 visa won't let you work.  At the most you could attend some business meetings but you need to be careful not to cross the line into working.  You can apply for the 457 but the processing time may be similar to that of the 189.  You'd need to be very careful so that if the 189 is granted, you'd want to IMMEDIATELY withdraw the 457 visa application so that it doesn't accidentally overwrite and replace the 189.

Thank you VS and Maggie for your response. I guess, its god who can help me here and will get my visa in the first week of July which I am very much hopeful else I would have to inform my company about it. Thanks once again for your quick response.

just checking, is there way to ask DIBP to consider this situation and provide an update on the visa application? I am sure, there must be way, where I have tried mailing them as I am offshore but i always get the standard response :(