shiveringpom

Citizenship application

About to start process from PR , can I check you can apply from date PR visa granted ? How long roughly is it taking in QLD ? Any tips gratefully received ! X

• Like 1

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

I think he is an existing PR who is about to apply for citizenship so points & occupation are not relevant.

You need to be a PR living in Australia for 4 years.  Not sure about Qld but taking 6-12 months+ in WA from time of application to ceremony.

Yep - have PR . An agent told me to apply from date visa granted and others say from when you enter country .....simple question but I am getting mixed messages lol . Just wondering if anyone else in process of application ..... . I did PR myself for family and the whole process was sooooo labour intensive just wonder if citizenship as long winded ? My brain aches just thinking about it ! 

You need to have lived in Australia for 4 years on a PR visa, so you would need to count from the date you entered the country.  From that point you cannot have spent more than 12 months outside Australia, including no more than 3 months in the most recent year.

186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition - Granted Dec 2013 :biggrin: