Help needed

I need some advice please regarding the new changes to immigration 

i just had my preliminary assessment looked into by a very helpful agent and was surprised to see that a lot of changes have been made regarding the skilled visa.

many many jobs have been removed ?

I have a city and guilds 232 in electrical engineering and 12 years work expererknce work fir the electricity distribution company in London, I also hold a certificate in personal training.

my husband holds a blue card in excavation above and below 30 tonne he also works foe the same firm excavating around HV cables.

but was informed today our application has poor prospects of moving forward ....?

how could we go about getting a sponsorship ? Or is there any other route for us to enable us to live and work in oz?

we are aged 35 & 36 with no children and just feel our dreams have been shattered

we was hoping to move next year 

please any advise would be grast

thank you

There are a number of good agents on the forum if you want a second opinion.

I would avoid attempting business sponsored as it is likely to lead to only a 457, which is only a temporary visa and comes with a lot of strings.

Your husbands occupation doesn't count for anything and if he wants to work in the same role, would need to get new tickets once in Australia

Not if its a 457.

The 457 is a temporary visa. Nothing else and you would have to assume you will be leaving at the end and it comes with a huge amount of down sides. These include:

It is tied the employer, so, lose your job for any reason and you have 60 days to find another company willing and able to sponsor - bear in mind many companies cant sponsor or have a policy that states they wont. - or you leave. You would be amazed how many people get hit with this. I have a number of friends that have had to leave after losing their sponsor.

There is no direct path to another visa to allow you to stay beyond the 457.

The partners of 457 holders can find it difficult to find work as employers know they could have to leave if the main applicant loses their job and that in any case they only have a temporary visa.

If you were to have children, then you would not be entitled to any state support and depending on the state may have to pay for education.

You would not be entitled to the Oz equivalent of tax credits or any other support

24 minutes ago, Laura Daniel said:

I do have distant relatives in Melbourne but have never met them

woukd that be useful or not does anyone know ?

Useful for what? Having a bed for a nigh? possibly.  Getting a visa? No

2 hours ago, Laura Daniel said:

Wow!!!

thnks for your advice

so it looks like my dream could be over before it even started ....?

if only the uk would implement these laws I might not want to immigrate so much :(

Migrating to the UK, from outside the EEA, is incredibly difficult. Even for a Spouse Visa there are high financial requirements which mean many people can never come home with their Aussie (or other non EEA) spouses.

On 6/6/2017 at 16:38, maximoo said:

Look on fb for a guy called micheal breen he specializes in trade visas he's a good price and great advice x

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

There's no migration agent registered with OMARA by the name of Michael Breen.  You should only use a registered migration agent.  We have several good registered agents who post regularly on this forum.

Archived