house hold items after arriving Australia

connect

Dear members, 

I plan to arrive in Melbourne as PR in couple of months. I need to know, after arriving, how can I find second hand house hold items in Australia. Is there any particular place to see and buy them? Thanks for your help!

Don't for get to look at the for sale section in this forum too.  Sometimes people are selling everything before returning to their home country.  Also people pass things around.  

You can can also rent items to fill a gap before your stuff arrives.  Buying outdoor stuff and using it indoors for a while is good too.

• Like 1

Garage sales advertised locally. Just go out for a drive round the area on a Sat or Sunday morning and there should be some. Might be a get up and out the door early to snag the best items.

• 1 month later...

Freecycle, Ziilch, Trash Nothing, Facebook community noticeboards and buy swap sell for your area, also a facebook group called something like Free Melbourne.  Stuff being offered regularly.  If you belong to a religious or sporting group ask around many people have stuff they no longer need but too good to junk.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...