Just a query on PomsinOz

Hi all, just was wondering if this app / forum is only for ppl from U.K. already in Oz or UK-ites interested in Aussie migration? As per the definition of the word 'Poms' it is supposed to refer to ppl from UK or of British origin. I see some non-UK ppl posting their queries but the majority are from the isles!

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I guess originally the forum was started as a migration forum for British people migrating to Australia but over the years its grown and become far more than just those people. We now have people posting from all over the world, although I would think most are from the UK originally but plenty of other nationalities are also posting on here. 

The title I don't think has been altered more because its hard to change as PIO is well known. Doesn't mean we don't welcome people from outside of the UK or Australia though :)

I am one of quite a few ex poms in oz. Still a pom of course but no longer in Aus. I joined the forum to get info about the logistics of the move back, shipping, moving my dogs etc. Plus having been in Aus for 15 years I wanted feedback on people's experience of life back in the UK.  Many people wrestle with the decision about whether to return and the forum is useful for that as well. Moves work both ways as does the forum.

• Like 2

The map below shows where the website has had visitors from over the last few months - there's not many countries where we haven't had visitors from. Everyone is more than welcome to participate on the forum. 

The domain name - pomsinoz is something the previous owner chose back in 2005. Would I like to change it - probably, but it's problematic, due to all the links out on the internet pointing to pomsinoz.com, we'd likely take a big hit in google for a lengthy period of time.

2017-05-31_20-52-07.png 

• Like 3

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, BritChickx said:

I guess no one in Greenland fancies moving to aus :P wow I just looked at their population, only 50k! Shows how much I know haha

It would be very hard to acclimatise I bet lol

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

It would be very hard to acclimatise I bet lol

Odd you should say that...Many years ago an Inuit chappy worked in Mt Isa. Dunno any more, other than he liked the heat.

Cheers, Bobj.