457 to PR

The recent 457 changes gives me confusions to how my plans for permanent residency for my family can be realized.  Been working on 457 visa for 6 months.  Is there a way I can apply for PR before March 2018 since by then, more of the changes will be implemented on the pathways available?

My skill is in the caviat list related to farming in regional australia and under a labour agreement.  Is it already feasible to talk with my employer about ENS or RSMS pathway given I only have worked for 6 months still and have the application started?  

On 5/26/2017 at 09:02, Mom on 457 said:

The recent 457 changes gives me confusions to how my plans for permanent residency for my family can be realized.  Been working on 457 visa for 6 months.  Is there a way I can apply for PR before March 2018 since by then, more of the changes will be implemented on the pathways available?

My skill is in the caviat list related to farming in regional australia and under a labour agreement.  Is it already feasible to talk with my employer about ENS or RSMS pathway given I only have worked for 6 months still and have the application started?  

As you are sponsored under a labour agreement, in most cases the terms for sponsorship to Permanent residency will be dictated by the terms of the Labour Agreement.

I'm in the same situation as the poster here.  Been on a 4 year long 457 for around 9 months.  To go to PR do I need my employer to pay for it, or is it something I can do by myself and just get them to ok it?

My employer already paid for my 457 and have me for 4 years, so I don't think there's much incentive for them to pay more cash just to move me to PR.

Archived