Sponsor for bricklayer

Hi all am looking to get a sponsor for a start for work in Sydney or Melbourne area, am looking for work in my current field as a bricklayer, being over 30 it's becoming confusing of how i might be able to get over to oz with a visa that is not going to cost a lot of money, if anyone has any ideas or contacts that would be much appreciated

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

First, there is no cheap way of making the move.

Sponsorship for bricklayers would be VERY unusual. Most are self employed - hence on the other thread it stipulates ABN which is like a VAT number.

Then, even in the remote prospect of obtaining sponsorship, it is usually only a temporary visa. You would be far better looking at skilled migration.

I know I may sound a little wet behind the ears and have no real knowledge of what would be best way to go about things, skilled migration requires an " on paper" qualification which I don't have , so skilled migration might be a little hard to obtain , really at a loss and not sure where to start with it tbh

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

I know I may sound a little wet behind the ears and have no real knowledge of what would be best way to go about things, skilled migration requires an " on paper" qualification which I don't have , so skilled migration might be a little hard to obtain , really at a loss and not sure where to start with it tbh

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Talk to an agent for starters but if you don't have the skills that Australia requires then think of Canada or make the most of what you've got.

An agent is a professional expert on the visa process. Most will give you a free initial assessment.

It is possible to do it without a formal qualification if you have enough years of experience - there is a process called "recognition of prior learning".

Try these agents as a start as their managing director is a member of the forum http://www.gomatilda.com/