Approved '457' since April 18th?

Nelliwoo

2 minutes ago, Nelliwoo said:

It doesn't matter. Even if you had submitted you application and you were going through the process, if you occupation was removed on the 18th April then your application would be rejected and if your occupation moved to the short term skills occupations you would only be granted a 2 year visa if successful. 

My occupation went from a 4 year to a 2 year. So that's what I'm now waiting for. 

i c. thanks for the detailed explanations. 

On 2017-4-28 at 3:06 AM, Nelliwoo said:

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had a pending 457 which was in process prior to the 18th April announcement approved in the last few days?

My application for a 457 went in on the 22nd March.  I am still on the Short Term Skill List (so am aware I can only get a 2 year visa now) but I am still waiting to hear of the outcome. 

I was just wondering if anyone in a similar position has had theirs approved recently?

I'm an anxious wreck waiting for the visa to come through!!

Thanks.

Hi

I have just received information that I have been accepted on the AHPRA register and now need to find a job as a Registered Nurse on a 457 visa in Bunbury WA.

Not sure where to start and what the new law states so any information you could give me would be great. I too have been hanging on for over a year for a decision and now have more hoops to jump through!

Thanks

Jackie

1 minute ago, jackie said:

Hi

I have just received information that I have been accepted on the AHPRA register and now need to find a job as a Registered Nurse on a 457 visa in Bunbury WA.

Not sure where to start and what the new law states so any information you could give me would be great. I too have been hanging on for over a year for a decision and now have more hoops to jump through!

Thanks

Jackie

Hi Jackie

Wow sounds hectic! I'm not a migration expert at all, so I don't really know where you need to start? Perhaps best to make an appointment to speak with a professional. I'd hate to give any wrong info.

i know some stuff about the 457 as that's what I am waiting for to come through. 

Basically on the 18th April the 'rules' changed. We used to get granted a 4 year visa if you were on the occupation skills list. However, this has changed and now the 457 has been split into two visas. One for short term skills occupations (there a list to check if you are on there) which gets you a visa for 2 years (if approved) and one for medium/long term skills list and if approved on that one you can come for 4 years and there's a possibility of applying for PR. There is no longer a pathway in the short term for PR after March 2018. 

Sorry I can't help more. 

Good luck. ?

26 minutes ago, jackie said:

Hi

Thanks

Jackie

You'll need to apply for jobs and put in your covering letter that you are looking for sponsorship, also look at any private hospitals as you may be more likely to get sponsorship via them rather than public health (not impossible but there has been a noticeable decline for 457's for nursing in WA).  Look at jobs WA for nursing in the public system.

• Like 1

Can anyone say, that the mentioned "visa processing time" on border.gov.au website includes all the process (sponsorship, nomination and visa application) of 457 visa application? I mean 6 months for whole process or only for the final visa application?

I asked so many people, but no body could answer it.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubel797 said:

Can anyone say, that the mentioned "visa processing time" on border.gov.au website includes all the process (sponsorship, nomination and visa application) of 457 visa application? I mean 6 months for whole process or only for the final visa application?

I asked so many people, but no body could answer it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. 

The visa processing time-frames only relates to the visa application not the whole process. 

Sponsorship & Nomination approvals are not included in them. 

Edited by Samson

On 09/05/2017 at 10:34 PM, Shelley said:

Thank u sweet!!

Yes 50 days for us is this Friday......... not that I'm counting or anything!! emoji23.pngemoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

When we did ours, they had a run on catching up and their timescales were 35 days, and we got ours spot on the 35th day... hopefully yours will be soon!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jackie said:

Thankyou for you response.

If anyone else knows of any Nursing positions going in Bunbury WA and sponsorship on 457 visa please let me know. Or anyone I could contact for support.

Many thanks

If you just regularly check the hospital websites for current vacancies (google the hospitals in the areas you want) and apply direct. Not sure abt a 457 for this tho. My step sister applied direct for different visa which gave them PR straight away and got a job via telephone interview. Maybe check out other visa options too!

Oh man, it's so frustrating!  

Yeah it's really good to see some people are getting theirs now.

I spoke with our agent last week, she said that the company she works for haven't seen any 2 year visas come through yet, they are only seeing the 4 year ones coming through at the moment! 

I had a look on the border website too and they haven't updated their processing times yet either!  

Let's hope this week is OUR week! :D

Oh yes please[emoji1317][emoji1317]

Could you keep me informed about what you see on the border website, I'm not good with technology !! [emoji5][emoji23]

I thought at first when I seen you had messaged, that you had yours........... I think your right, this is our wk! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Has anyone applied onshore for a 457 recently?  

Ours went in the 25th Jan, more information submitted on the 24th Feb.  Employer nomination was approved on the 3rd May, so now just a waiting game.  However we head back to the UK on Wednesday for 2 weeks and have had to apply for bridging visa's.  We were hoping being onshore would speed things up a bit, but it doesn't look like it does! :(

Just in case any one is in the same boat as we are. 

Hi

I applied from New Zealand. Everything went in on the 22 March and I heard back today (22nd May) that our visas have been approved. 

From what I can gather there has been a slight delay on the visa times. If yours only went in on the 3rd May I would think you have a few weeks to wait yet? Not sure if being onshore speeds things up or not. 

Sorry I can't help more.