Approved '457' since April 18th?

Nelliwoo

Hey Rubel797 that's great news! Congrats!

Your visa will already be electronically linked to you passport. There's no physical sticker that goes into your passport. The visa grant letter will have all your details on it and that's all you need. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 21:14, jackie said:

Hi Laura , What job are you going to be doing??

I am a nurse and desperately looking for work on a 457 sponsorship visa in Bunbury or Bustleton WA.

I am going over to register in person in July with the Nursing regulatory body AHPRA but work is sparse. I'm looking for help !!

Jackie

Sorry Jackie,

Not long back from the UK and just logged on.  I already have a job here.  My other half is the one who is being sponsored as a Project Manager for a UK Cool Room company.

I'm a Resource Manager for an accounting firm and managed to get my job before we flew out last year.  They've been pretty understanding in relation to visa's.  I'm on a WHV to allow at least one of us to work whilst we await 457 approval.  I managed to get an extension to allow me to continue working past the 6 month rules that are in place as well which is good. 

Hopefully we'll hear in the next few weeks.... My other half is going demented with not much to do but wait for an approval.  The company nomination was approved already, just waiting on someone picking his up from the bottom of whatever pile we seem to be on now!

Good luck in your search!

Hello all, just got my 457 Visa approved this morning it was very quick in that I had a note on Monday morning from the migration solicitor that my documents had been submitted and an email today confirming my Visa had been granted, so only 2 days.

The company that is sponsoring me has accredited status with the dept of Immigration which apparently expedites the process, however I was advised that it would take 2-6 weeks so was quite surprised.

Now have to get prepared for new job/country/baby in the next few months so I'm sure I will be popping up on the forum for advice!

• Like 1

That's really exciting.!!

I go out next week to present in person to the AHPRA nursing board in Perth so that I can get registered. Will be looking for sponsorship Nursing jobs in and around Bunbury WA so that I can complete my 457 visa, however this is proving difficult. If anyone has any contacts that might help I would be happy to hear form you.

Thanks

Jackiev

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 09:14, Nelliwoo said:

No, not if you're on the short list and don't get sponsored by the company under the Direct Entry scheme prior to March 2018.

This is what was confirmed to me when I spoke to DIBP a few weeks ago, is anyone else taking this approach?

I'm still a bit uneasy about it until that nomination and application for a 186 go in though.