No More 457 visas

wrussell

This will be bad news for a great deal of people including businesses and visa hopefuls. In my opinion Australians don't want to do some jobs such as the food industry that's why there is a shortage of workers and the 457 fills these jobs. I went on a PR visa but my employer couldn't train and plug the gap with skilled Australian workers quick enough and they didn't want to do the job. That's why visas were on offer and the offer of 457 visas are used in the same manner.

Guest The Pom Queen
19 minutes ago, doubter said:

This will be bad news for a great deal of people including businesses and visa hopefuls. In my opinion Australians don't want to do some jobs such as the food industry that's why there is a shortage of workers and the 457 fills these jobs. I went on a PR visa but my employer couldn't train and plug the gap with skilled Australian workers quick enough and they didn't want to do the job. That's why visas were on offer and the offer of 457 visas are used in the same manner.

I know all 3 of my boys struggled to find work in the hospitality industry in fact my youngest offered to work for free just so he could gain experience. It's like everything some want to work and others don't. 

'We have lots of young girls who want to work with animals, both as an animal attendant, vet nurse, vet etc but they are being told there are no jobs yet all these are on the list.

Hey guys! I have a question about my current 457 visa. My visa will expire this october 2017 and i have to re-apply again. I'll be going 2 years working with my employer february next year so thats the time i can apply my PR.

Is there a chance that i can still re-apply my 457 visa without the new policy, since im already here since last year? My job is a web designer and its not removed in the list.

Edited by Jcdaryl

Hey guys! I have a question about my current 457 visa. My visa will expire this october 2017 and i have to re-apply again. I'll be going 2 years working with my employer february next year so thats the time i can apply my PR.
Is there a chance that i can still re-apply my 457 visa without the new policy, since im already here since last year? My job is a web designer and its not removed in the list.

You have the same problem as me my visa was only an 18 month 457 because of the business being quite new. This expires march 2018.
From what I have read we will not be able to apply for another 457 as they no longer exist.
My plans are to apply for the permanent residency as quickly as possible through the employer nomination direct entry scheme on 186 visa. It means you have to do a skills assessment but it's worth it to get the worry over with and right now I'm extremely scared about my future.
Good luck to you as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

186 ENS Direct Entry is one option before March 2018.

the big question is whether any saving provisions 186 Transitional Stream will include those who need more time to meet the 2 year old requirement.  I think Daryl is ahead of most in that he completes his 2 years before the changes in March 2018 - so at this stage, I think yo uwill be OK but it may take a while to confirm this 100% 

Regards

Tony

The good  news is that your occupation has not been removed from all the lists, but it has been removed from the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about developing a visa strategy?